Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sampling the Varied Worlds of Jamaica

User Info Menu

Re: Sampling the Varied Worlds of Jamaica

That's wonderful

My first trip was in 1986 or so (Sandals MoBay!), returned in 1991 to a villa outside of MoBay that was owned by my brand new in-laws and never limited myself to a resort again. Took me 12 more years after that to get to Portland and Treasure Beach, another couple of years until I visited Kingston.

There is truly so much to experience in Jamaica. I have great affection for places I've been many times, like Negril, since I have history and familiarity there, but also love to find places I have never been.

User Info Menu

yup dat the year in `84 that mi landed in Negril........after a previous trip to Ochie in '82
    was at Ricks for mi first Cliffs sunset and was hooked for life......yah mon

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Georgie View Post
    One thing we have realized from traveling to various parts of Jamaica is...different regions cook up their rice and peas differently. I very much enjoyed the dish in Portland parish...not so much elsewhere. I guess it could be the individual cook...though maybe not.
    It really does depend on the hand of the cook!! Two people in the same home, I can tell the flavor of one's dumplings from the other, and both are good

Rice and peas in a restaurant or 'on the street' is never cooked with the same love as in a home that relishes cooking.