Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Garden View Rooms on Long Bay

User Info Menu

Garden View Rooms on Long Bay

Can anyone tell me about any properties on the beach where a garden room is BACK FROM the beach (closer to road maybe), but NOT across the street from it?....I was looking at several places we've been wanting to try, but don't like having to cross the road whenever we forgot sunblock or the camera, or need a bathroom break. I was browsing Negril One Stop, and we have tried to scope out properties first hand when walking the beach, but usually get turned away by security by most places(not a bad thing). We can comfortably say that crossing the street to get to our room is now a deal breaker (have done in the past). We always like to book the lowest price point when it comes to room rate to maximize our stay, and I know that not every hotel spans both sides of Norman Manley Blvd, just don't know which ones they are.

User Info Menu

Re: Garden View Rooms on Long Bay

Country, Country ! resort now has many units that are close to the road and not across from the road. They also have "public" rest rooms close to the beach.

User Info Menu

Thanks, papa...based on what you wrote, I'm not sure that if we booked there we would GET a "beach side" , garden view room. Would you know of any places (besides the AIs) that the properties are only on the beach side of the road?

User Info Menu

I believe County Country! has only units on the beach side of the road. Call them.

User Info Menu

We have stayed at the Grand Pineapple in a beach side manor room and really liked it and will stay there again the next time we choose Negril. The Grand Pineapple has rooms on both sides of Norman Manley, but you book the room category you want....beach side or garden side. In the case of Country Country, I believe that Papa is saying that all rooms are on the BEACH SIDE, just some are close to the road.

User Info Menu

Off the top of my head...
    Charela, Rooms Negril, Travellers, Bar B Barn, Yellow Bird, Fun Holiday, Nirvana, Crystal Waters, Idle Awhile Villas, Idle Awhile (though there's one special suite across the road), Shields, Coral Seas Beach (separate from Coral Seas Garden), Ansells Thatch Walk, Foot Prints, Tree House...

User Info Menu

Ask a question, get a great answer.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

Have stayed at Rooms, coco la Palm, Kuyaba, Bar b Barn, legends, and would recommend any or all. Staying beach side is a necessity for us as well.
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

We have stayed at travellers the past two trips, they are beachside, but no "beachfront" rooms. Nice sized balconies with some privacy thanks to the beautiful landscaping. Price point of about $70/night in late November for standard double bed room. Clean, great staff, great security,decent food.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hey_mon View Post
    Have stayed at Rooms, coco la Palm, Kuyaba, Bar b Barn, legends, and would recommend any or all. Staying beach side is a necessity for us as well.
    Legends has property across the road.