Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mosquitos

User Info Menu

mosquitos

Into the second week of another wonderful stay in Negril - things are wonderful as always but I have noticed that the mosquito are very plentiful this year. (I have never had more than a few stray bites before) It was surprising given the dry conditions until the past few days. I just wanted to post so that those who are home packing can toss in some mosquito coils and/or repellent.

User Info Menu

Re: mosquitos

Yeah our friend who has been there since November said the same thing. Worse she's seen them and she lives there six months a year.
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Afterbite will be in my case this visit.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
    Afterbite will be in my case this visit.
    I have that but I also bring Benadryl spray which I find to be better. I am staying on the morass side and, to be honest, haven't seen too many mosquitoes. That being said, I have been bitten but didn't feel them until the "bumps" appeared.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

bumps= sand fleas in my case

User Info Menu

not seeing any this Winter where mi live on the West End......this Summer was horrible

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

I'm with Marko...I haven't really been seeing mosquitos this winter either and I'm a magnet for them...hmmm.

Always better to be prepared...bring some spray...and I like the Benadryl spray for bites also.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 01-06-2017 at 08:34 AM.

User Info Menu

Very few in Spring Garden also

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

I think I only applied spray once or twice. I only got bit a couple of times. Maybe it was because we are up on the cliffs and breeze kept them away.

User Info Menu

We will be staying 100% time on the beach this go around and it seemed to me that last time we split the trip, it was worse on the beach.

I'd like to get opinions on the most effective repellents. We are doing carry on only this time so it has to be availalbe in either wipes or travel size spray or lotion.

Will mosquito repellents work the same with sand fleas?
    [http://www.TickerFactory.com/]