Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mosquitos

User Info Menu

Re: mosquitos

Quote Originally Posted by KitchenBeeotch View Post
    We will be staying 100% time on the beach this go around and it seemed to me that last time we split the trip, it was worse on the beach.

I'd like to get opinions on the most effective repellents. We are doing carry on only this time so it has to be availalbe in either wipes or travel size spray or lotion.

Will mosquito repellents work the same with sand fleas?
    https://jet.com/product/detail/ec419...HxAaAveM8P8HAQ

User Info Menu

Sawyers lotion repellant and deep woods off wipes both work great

User Info Menu

100% deet comes in sprays and wipes and is the most effective. It will destroy plastic so you have to be careful. We are usually fine with the 40% deet (also in sprays and wipes). We keep coils burning on patio most of the time - seems to help a lot. Be vigilant - those big, day-time mosquitos carry some pretty nasty viruses.

Deet works well with the sand fleas too - I hear long socks work too, but I can't bring myself to even bring socks to Jamaica.

User Info Menu

Up here on redground the mosquitos have been terrible. And yes it's been very dry, these are night time bitting blood suckers. We all think they are some mutant type. Some govt health workers came by looking for breeding grounds I told them their breeding in the bathrooms. I kill a half dozen or more everynight in the bathroom then in my bedroom. A strong fan and cover sheet do the job for me I stay away from toxic chemicals and such. Those coils make me sicker than the bugs do. I don't know for sure if these are the disease spreader type but I do know they tend to only bite at night. Bless up and don't scratch too hard.