Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Quick Snapshot of New Years in Negril

User Info Menu

Quick Snapshot of New Years in Negril

Uneventful trip from the Airport to Negril. My mom and sister were staying at sandals, so we scooped up my sister on the way to Home Sweet Home.

Home Sweet Home was lovely. We stayed in 2 rooms. Both views were spectacular. The rooms could you a little updating, but they were clean and secure. The AC Worked, the They both came equipped with cable TV that had about 30 channels. I have to say it again. The Views were spectacular. We are going to be hard pressed not to split stay now. HSH is low enough on the West End, that we can walk to our beloved beach in less than an hour and we can easily get to all of our favorite bars on the lower west end and in red ground as well. Connie's is right across the road, so we had our fill of amazing cooking.

New Years at Travellers - Amazing. So worth the money that some here were bellyaching about. There was never a moment when our wine glass was empty. They had an amazing buffet and they put on an Amazing program. The DJ was great, he knew what to play during dinner and he knew what to play between sets of the live band to keep the party rocking. They had a rock n roll violinist during dinner who absolutely MURDERED. Just Shredded. Then they had an Emcee/singer take over the show about 10:00 leading up until new years. he has a wireless mic and was very engaging and very entertaining. Winthrope Wellington hosted the party and he did a great job. It was one of the most fun nights I have had in Negril to date, and there have been a lot.

New Years Day - I played White Witch in MoBay. The views were spectacular. The course conditions not so much. Was also not real impressed by my caddy. For the money, I expect the greens to at least be rolling 11. They were not in good shape. Did enjoy the views though.\

Spent a lot of time walking around. Probably walked 15 miles this trip easy.

Jam Tex Mex is a nice addition to Collettes. Definitely worth the trip up there to check out.

We experienced almost ZERO higgling on the beach, and the little we did, it was not persistent. There were uniformed police everywhere. Beach, Downtown, westend. Day and night.

Had a great meal at Tensing Pen for Rob's Bday. I think it's nicer property than Catcha, and the Food was just as good, if not better than Ivans.

User Info Menu

Re: Quick Snapshot of New Years in Negril

That New Years Eve party sounded very nice.
    Yes, a good DJ and MC can make the difference,

Not into golf myself.
    At first I thought you were in a stage play called "White witch".
    then I kept reading. LOL

Thanks

User Info Menu

Nice little report Flip

The CHICKSTER

tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/7;10731;405/st/20140421/e/Negril/k/19ca/event.png[/img]

User Info Menu

Thanks for the quick report, Flip. Would love to spend NYE in Negril. Maybe next year...

Sounds like you stayed in the older Seaview Deluxe rooms at HSH? They received a cosmetic update a couple years ago, but I agree that the furniture, bath fixtures, etc. look pretty tired. If you can spring for one of the newer suites (Rooms 15 & 16), they are in much better shape. You can usually get a good rate on those during the slow season. But I agree with you on the amazing view from all rooms. HSH was the first place we stayed in Negril. Now, I can't get my wife to stay anywhere that doesn't have a direct sea view.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_D View Post
    Thanks for the quick report, Flip. Would love to spend NYE in Negril. Maybe next year...

Sounds like you stayed in the older Seaview Deluxe rooms at HSH? They received a cosmetic update a couple years ago, but I agree that the furniture, bath fixtures, etc. look pretty tired. If you can spring for one of the newer suites (Rooms 15 & 16), they are in much better shape. You can usually get a good rate on those during the slow season. But I agree with you on the amazing view from all rooms. HSH was the first place we stayed in Negril. Now, I can't get my wife to stay anywhere that doesn't have a direct sea view.
    Yes we stayed in the older side.