Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Basketball Tournament TV Coverage

User Info Menu

Basketball Tournament TV Coverage

My girlfriend and I will be making our first trip to Negril (and to JA) March 10-15, 2017. We'll be staying at Couples Negril.

She's an absolute Big 10 men's basketball fanatic (particularly, the Wisconsin Badgers - Go Red!). Stewpid me, I scheduled our trip during the Big 10 Tournament (March 8-12). I know that Couples provides a good number of cable or satellite TV channels, and I'm assuming they include CBS, ESPN, and ESPN2. Typically though, some of the games are broadcast on the Big 10 network and the CBS Sports Network.

So, my question to all you veteran Negrilophiles is two-fold:

1. Do you think we'll be able to catch all of the Wisconsin Badger games at the resort (including Big 10 Network and CBS Sports Network games)? And,
    2. If not, do you think a local bar has all of the coverage (and which bar/bars would you guess would)?

Seriously, if we miss a Badger game, I won't get any nooky that night!

Thanks in advance for your input. Can't wait to arrive.
    Last edited by madtowndan; 01-06-2017 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Typo correction

User Info Menu

Re: Basketball Tournament TV Coverage

I would suggest getting all the mobile apps for those channels for viewing just in case. Also research setting up a VPN to use them out of the country. Some folks on here are way more tech saavy than I am with the VPN.

User Info Menu

You'll have no problem being able to watch down here...I'm not sure what they offer at your hotel.
    Seastar, Margaritaville and even the smaller bars like Red Dragon, No Limit Bar will have the games on if you ask...no worries.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    You'll have no problem being able to watch down here...I'm not sure what they offer at your hotel.
    Seastar, Margaritaville and even the smaller bars like Red Dragon, No Limit Bar will have the games on if you ask...no worries.
    Yes Margaritaville can get all those games but the key is having a manager on duty that knows how to work the satellite and also willing to offer that customer service.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckyboy View Post
    Yes Margaritaville can get all those games but the key is having a manager on duty that knows how to work the satellite and also willing to offer that customer service.
    Good info...thanks for that.

User Info Menu

We went to Margaritaville on 12/31 with hopes of watching the VT/Duke game on ESPN2. The manager said no problem....he tried several times, but no go. Better make a plan B!

User Info Menu

Margaritaville has B10 network. I watched a PSU football game there in September. It does seem to take some effort on their part to figure it out. The 1st two people to attempt it could not get it. The wi-fi is great so I could watch the game with my iPad app while they figured it out. We happen to be there during a 2 for 1 margarita special. Good times!

User Info Menu

Margaritaville would be the place to go! After that get ready for all the nookie you can handle.

User Info Menu

On our second visit to Negril we wanted to watch Bucky play the Hawkeyes and it was the end of February. My husband went to the bar (LTU) next to where we were staying to see if they could get it on their TV. They gave him their phone number and asked him to call back in 20 minutes, once the TV warms up, to see of the game was on This was only 3 years ago. The game never came on there. Bucky won though We had never heard of a TV having to "warm up" until that day. It's an amusing story we still talk about.

I'm sure the game will be easy to see during the BigTen tournament though. And I agree with the others, Margaritaville should be able to get it if the resort can't. Have fun! Go Bucky!!!

User Info Menu

After reading this thread, I am starting to feel like this reach I will not get my ACC fix!