Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jamaica Return - 2011 (Soon Come)

User Info Menu

Love all your stories from the past and can't wait for those yet to come. So very excited for you after being away from Jamaica for so long. Walk Good!

User Info Menu

I started packing today and noticed that well over half of what I am taking had someway or another to do with computers, DVD, CD, MP3, Digital Cameras and the myiad of wires and storage devices. I know that every person packs different things for different reasons but since the remaining space keeps shrinking, I have a few thoughts on what I have always found important to go along with those items.

CLOTHES: I live in the mountains where it is cooler and sometimes wetter so I have to include: a hoodie, 3 pairs of socks, long pants and walking shoes to go along with my; shorts, swimsuit, tshirts and sandals (what I live in most of the time here and Jamaica)! Also, I include 2 small towels, washcloth, a "do rag" bandana and a hat with a brim.

I put one change of clothes in my carry-on (should my checked bags get lost or delayed). I don't take a beach/bath towel prefering to purchase one each trip. Also in that carry-on I include a zipper bag with my documents (passport, ATM card, Drivers License, copies of airline and plane reservations etc) and some money, my music selections for zoning out, house keys and glasses (reading and sun), a good book to read and a 1 week supply of medications. Also, a "torch" or a flashlight as we call it. Very important.

I put all my toiletries a stocked first aid kit, pair of sharp sissors and most important DEEP WOODS OFF in one checked bag along with the remainder of my clothes. I also pack a gift for my best friend "Marshall" a pair of Size 11 Water Boots and as much school supplies as I have room in that bag.

In the other bag, I include a small tool kit (pliers [needle nose], channel locks and a couple of screwdrivers) two sets of dominoes in tin boxes and a deck or two of playing cards.

I try to intersperse all the above items with a few other extras like a camera tripod, etc. to even out the weight.

I just thought I would share a little of how I pack as it just might help the next person and so on.

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Accompong have a wonderful trip/adventures, glad you get to go back. Enjoy!

User Info Menu

Walk Good Accompong!

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

I'm looking forward to the stories already! Safe journeys Accompong!

Peace
    Elvino

User Info Menu

Accompang - as your first post began - tears rolled down my cheeks (sorry - it doesn't take much lol). Your words allow us to share in your joy at returning to the land you are so connected to. I too have loved your past stories of your adventures with Marshall your brother. All I can say is thank you for your inspiring determination (I am feeling grateful for my health today) and thank you for taking us along with you. Blessed love Bill from my heart.
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Thanks to my Boardie Friends..... an open invitation for Jan. 6th if you are in yard.

I talked to Marshall yesterday and I have nevva no im to be so chattymout! I think he is looking forward to my return even more than I am returning to Jamaica....as if that were possible. He was going on and on about tiling the floors and rendering the walls etc. and I could feel his pride for all he has accomplished in a few months since I told him of my impending return.

Anyways, to get to the point. He told me he was planning an "open house" party over the January 6th Celebration. He is planning on putting a fire pit on the concrete roof that overlooks the valley containing Appleton and says that anyone who comes to Accompong on that day can crash somewhere in the house. May be nothing fancy but in out of the weather and secure.

I have a few old friends who will be meeting me and staying there but a few more will be accomodated somehow. To those who have never experienced the January 6th Celebration or even those who have in past years; I think it is something every traveler should experience.

Dress warm and wear walking shoes as this town is 3000' up in the mountains and his house is where the road ends leaving twenty or more miles of virtually unexplored Cockpits out his back door. A hike to the Peace Cave or to many other caves containing underground rivers and springs can be arranged.

If you have never truly experienced "country" in Jamaica, this is the ultimate "country" experience!

Peace and Guidance

User Info Menu

Question: About Digicel buying Claro-getting phone and wireless connection in Negril?

I had been waffling between Digicel and Claro for my Internet Service while in Jamaica as I had already decided on a cheap Digicel Phone purchase (cause I am not a big phone talker)! I had read awhile back that Digicel has now acquired Claro so I guess the answer is Digicel for that as well.

Looking for advice here. Is there a store/outlet in Negril where I can purchase both the cheap cell phone AND the Internet service or do I have to get the Internet Service in Sav or MoBay? The reason is that I need it on my first day so if I have to get it elsewhere then I have to plan to stop on the way to Negril.

Can anyone give me the location of the store in Negril? (I seem to remember it was somewhere around Juicy Patties but maybe my recollection is wrong). Also, if I can get both phone and Internet service there.

Thanks for any help.

Peace and Guidance

User Info Menu

Accompong, just go to the Digicel store across the street from Scotiabank and you can buy a broadband there. thai is what I did and keep it in my place there and top it up when I am going to the island. It gives me internet access very well.......There are different types you can purchase depending on the model you use. You can get info on their website. Hope this h elps.
    ~~~love and light~~~

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielle View Post
    Accompong, just go to the Digicel store across the street from Scotiabank and you can buy a broadband there. thai is what I did and keep it in my place there and top it up when I am going to the island. It gives me internet access very well.......There are different types you can purchase depending on the model you use. You can get info on their website. Hope this h elps.
    Thanks Gabrielle! Exactly what I needed to know.
    Appreciate the answer.
    Peace and Guidance