Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You All Go. No One Ever Mentions.Help Me Out Here.

User Info Menu

Re: You All Go. No One Ever Mentions.Help Me Out Here.

Good advice Yeshinunt2.

User Info Menu

We always use the room safe. We also have a pacsafe bag. My wife even went as far as to buy a very cheap CZ wedding ring at Wal-Mart to wear in Jamaica. That way she can still wear a wedding ring but can leave her very expensive wedding ring at home.
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

I forgot to mention, I also have a money belt that I wear when traveling. Bought it on Amazon. It looks like a regular belt, but has a zipper on the inside of the belt. Because it's narrow, you have to fold the money make it fit, but you can fit several bills in it and no one is the wiser
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Also, one rule I follow is "don't bring anything I would hate to lose". Cash, electronics, camera, etc...

Obviously, you need your passport and travel docs. Can't do much about that, but as far as money and personal items, I don't bring anything I'd hate to lose.

I bring an ipod to use facebook messenger. The last night of my trip last April I accidentally lost the ipod in a taxi. It was disappointing, but nothing I can't live without. It was locked and I could disable it remotely, so ultimately it wasn't a huge loss- there are worse things in life. Luckily, the taxi man was amazing and on his drive by my place he stopped me and returned it to me.

I also lost a water bottle that I paid too much for (hydroflask).

Someone I know dropped their camera in the water and it was ruined.

Loss happens on accident- outside the realm of theft.

So, I just never bring anything I can't live without.

User Info Menu

All good stuff. Great idea about ring whether you're married or not! If I lost my passport I guess I would just have to stay longer. ahaha Can't come soon enough.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jelly Bean View Post
    All good stuff. Great idea about ring whether you're married or not! If I lost my passport I guess I would just have to stay longer. ahaha Can't come soon enough.
    I say that all the time about having my flights delayed by bad weather at home! Haha

In all seriousness, I keep a photo of my passport in an email, that way I can access if from just about any computer or my phone, if necessary. By habit, I have all of my flight info emails saved in a folder in my email as well. Photos work well when you don't have access to the internet. It helps to have any important information like credit card company phone numbers stored in your phone, too, and account info accessible somehow (I don't mean to tell you things you already know, just good advice I got from others before my first trip).

Also, about the rings, I find that you will get attention regardless of whether you are alone or with your boyfriend, or in a group... so I personally avoid attracting any attention as far as jewelry. Wear what you normally would if it's not valuable ($$$ - wise), but don't go out and buy a cz ring just to try and ward off advances. Chances are it won't work, and the guys will notice that your "husband" is never around day after day. Definitely just my single girl opinion! if you are married or engaged, a cz is a niceness option so you don't lose your real ring to the sea!
    Last edited by LivinInThe603; 01-08-2017 at 09:34 AM.

User Info Menu

I always wear my ring.

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

My wife bought the CZ ring because we have been married for so long she feels uncomfortable without wearing one. I understand your comment about not buying one just to ward off advances because doesn't help. My beautiful wife is approached regardless of whether she has a ring on. (As I'm sure you would be too ) Luckily am always with her to chuckle at their efforts.

As far as camera dropped in the water, the replacement came this week. How stupid am I bringing my brand new camera on a beach walk instead of my one that was waterproof that I left in room safe? D'oh!

User Info Menu

I keep printed copies of the front page of our passports in each checked and carry on bag.