Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boardie.....What exactly is a boardie?

User Info Menu

Re: Boardie.....What exactly is a boardie?

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Georgie View Post
    My bad Sue...send your application written on a 20 dollar bill to...
    Would that be Canadian?
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

You betcha!!...eh?

User Info Menu

Canadian dollars? No problem.

User Info Menu

Kold Ass,
    Welcome to the quirky, funny and informative message board family!!

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Boardie.....What exactly is a boardie?

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicajeanne View Post
    Kold Ass,
    Welcome to the quirky, funny and informative message board family!!
    Thank you Jamaica Jeanne! I've been reading the board looking for ideas. I take it the "boardies" get together meet up with some bar crawls and such. Is there a secret handshake or gang sign one has to flash to find a boardie?

User Info Menu

I have never had the opportunity to arrive during a bash, but I can tell you that the meet up is displayed here with a designated time and place...all report good times!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kold Ass Mofo View Post
    I'm hip! This is like an old style message board. I thought it was some new fangled whipper snapper stuff.
    Haha...you're age may be showing with the "whipper snapper" comment or maybe it's my age showing ...anyhoooo...
    I would call it a traditional style message board as originally intended to be..."old" only in the sense it's been around since 1997, changed over the years and as with any technical/internet business will change again I'm sure...been around much longer than the TA forums.

Rob will never make it a Facebook page...
    as Jomack nicely summed up today..."Sure glad this forum is not on facebook, because it would be a joke, and misleading information, or some very strong view points that may not be necessary".

Personally, I haven't found anywhere on the internet information about Negril as helpful as the posts from the Boardies on Negril.com.

I take it the "boardies" get together meet up with some bar crawls and such. Is there a secret handshake or gang sign one has to flash to find a boardie?
    Nope...no secret handshake. The Boardie Bash is a lighthearted event that's been going on since 1999... it's planned for the last Friday in April to help extend busy season in Negril by a couple of weeks. The location will be announced soon and everybody is welcome.

User Info Menu

Kold Ass Mofo,

You can stand on your right foot,
    pull your left ear,
    make the Peace sign with other hand
    while whistling:
    "Love to Love you Baby" by Donna Summer.

Guaranteed to be acknowledged by a Boardie

Just kidding.....welcome aboard!!

User Info Menu

Thank you Jamaica Jeanne! I've been reading the board looking for ideas. I take it the "boardies" get together meet up with some bar crawls and such. Is there a secret handshake or gang sign one has to flash to find a boardie?
    Kold - Although my trip in April will be my fourth to Jamaica, it will be my first for the April Boardie Bash. I believe all are meeting up on the 28th (place still TBD), but a bunch of us are staying at Rondel Village, White Sands, Coco, etc. Many activities planned...you can either go, or not. There will be times when I'm sure I will be planted firmly on the beach. Ha! I've heard fun times will be had by all, many new friends made and lots to see and do. I am definitely looking forward to it! You should try to make it if possible. Cheers!

User Info Menu

Lmao Markospoon...pretty sure I won't be able to pull that one off...