Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Boardie.....What exactly is a boardie?

User Info Menu

Re: Boardie.....What exactly is a boardie?

'' Sure glad this forum is not facebook, because it would be a joke ''........yes indeed, everyone really tells it like it is on this forum, very valuable info , from travelers from all over, wise info
    that you really can't find on any other forum... IMO..

' Are there secret gang signs ""...lol....crack me up !

The boardie bash, and the festivities around it are quite special, it's almost amazing how so many like minded people come together....as a friend of mine once put it'' It's amazing to see friendships form so quickly, right in front of your eyes ''....

April as well, is in my opinion one of the perfect times to be in Negril....the weather is great, and while everything is still open, theres not so much of a crowd...
    Iwould encourage everyone to try to make one, it's pretty cool, and I am looking forward to seeing all my peeps again, real soon !!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kold Ass Mofo View Post
    Is there a secret handshake or gang sign one has to flash to find a boardie?
    LMAO! let me know when you find out!
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Haha...you're age may be showing with the "whipper snapper" comment or maybe it's my age showing ...anyhoooo...
    I would call it a traditional style message board as originally intended to be..."old" only in the sense it's been around since 1997, changed over the years and as with any technical/internet business will change again I'm sure...been around much longer than the TA forums.

Rob will never make it a Facebook page...
    as Jomack nicely summed up today..."Sure glad this forum is not on facebook, because it would be a joke, and misleading information, or some very strong view points that may not be necessary".

Personally, I haven't found anywhere on the internet information about Negril as helpful as the posts from the Boardies on Negril.com.

Nope...no secret handshake. The Boardie Bash is a lighthearted event that's been going on since 1999... it's planned for the last Friday in April to help extend busy season in Negril by a couple of weeks. The location will be announced soon and everybody is welcome.
    Awesome, facebook sucks. I dropped that garbage years ago. No monthly or weekly boardie bash?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markospoon View Post
    Kold Ass Mofo,

You can stand on your right foot,
    pull your left ear,
    make the Peace sign with other hand
    while whistling:
    "Love to Love you Baby" by Donna Summer.

Guaranteed to be acknowledged by a Boardie

Just kidding.....welcome aboard!!
    Crap, I've been whistling "Bad Girls" by Donna Summer!

User Info Menu

Moment of Truth. When I first started to read the Board and before I thought I wouldn't qualify, I thought a BOARDIE were the people who Surf the Waves of The Ocean on a Board!! Ahahahha lol lol I'm so happy I'm blonde, nobody expects anything! But I do know where ya all hides ya money! No really, thanks for all the reply's on that thread too. Jelly.

User Info Menu

Oh Jelly Bean,
    You made me laugh! I am sitting at my desk pretending to be working, but I am of course, reading this board. The first time I read about a BOARDIE Bash, I thought maybe they meant everyone would be wearing board shorts. Seemed to make sense for a few minutes....it is Negril and normal apparel is swimwear....
    By the way, I am periodically blonde by choice but not by birth, LOL!

User Info Menu

I am a boardie.....

This place help me return to Jamaica after 24 years.

This place directed me to Seastar while I rebuilt Zion Hill

This place has advertised Linston and help us build a business.

Good place this!

Only thing this place can't do is tell me where the coldest beer is......just a bunch of opinions

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Hey kold...i think some missed your last question about weekly or monthly meetings....the boardie bash is once a year but boardies meet up all year long. You will see role calls on here that generally go by the month.....when a roll call comes up everybody lists their dates and many make plans to get together..the most popular way seems to be the one love bar crawl. I have been on several and most of the time i simply ask in a loud voice if there are are any boardies present and anymore there always are....let the party begin.....rob and lisa have worked very hard to build this site and it shows as they have created one large family.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by onthecorner View Post
    Hey kold...i think some missed your last question about weekly or monthly meetings....the boardie bash is once a year but boardies meet up all year long. You will see role calls on here that generally go by the month.....when a roll call comes up everybody lists their dates and many make plans to get together..the most popular way seems to be the one love bar crawl. I have been on several and most of the time i simply ask in a loud voice if there are are any boardies present and anymore there always are....let the party begin.....rob and lisa have worked very hard to build this site and it shows as they have created one large family.
    Thank you for the feedback. It looks like we got at least three "boardies" staying at coco la palm at the same time as myself and crew in February.