Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beaches Sandy Bay Bride June 2012

User Info Menu

Wink Beaches Sandy Bay Bride June 2012

I'm getting married next June at Sandy Bay. It will be my first time in Jamaica and we couldn't be more excited. Does anyone have updated pictures of the gazeebos and beach area alone with the rooms? Where would you suggest the best places for us to visit while we are there? (I will have my 13 year old daughter with and some family/friends, we won't neccesarily be doing everything together) I'm just looking for as much info as I can get between now and then so we don't miss out on things you really should see while there. After all, who knows when we will get back there. Based on what I'm reading, I won't be able to stay away!!

Thanks to anyone with some advice!

User Info Menu

I loved beaches Sandy Bay, just beautiful there!! I'll try and dig up some pictures! I know they have a whole itenerary everyday!! with free stuff, glass bottom boat rides, snorkeling, shopping trips! it was a lot of fun!! the mini fridge always stocked up! The dinner on beach! ahhhh it was nice! Congratulations on your marriage!
    Also our room was right on the beach main floor, we opened up the french doors and just steps away from the sand and water!! was truly beautiful!! and there were starfish everywhere! I've never seen so many on any other part of the beach! Your 13 year old will love it, a lot of kids to play with!

And it's true, Once you go, you know!! Oh And welcome to Negril.com....you have come to the right place for sure!

User Info Menu

Thanks so much for the feed back. If you can dig up anything I would love to see it. I've been reading so many threads on here to get a feel for the place, and I know I will love it. Any suggestions on what to see? Have you been to YS Falls or Mayfield Falls? I was wondering which would be better to see? I wanted to go to Dunns River Falls but I think it would take too much time to treck over to that side of the island.

User Info Menu

I have been to YS Falls and absolutely loved it! Havent been to Mayfield so I can not compare- Rocklands Bird Sanctuary is amazing, hummingbirds perch on your finger, my daughter LOVED it! We have been to Nine Mile, Lover's Leap, Glistening Waters, Discovery Bay It's so hard, Clarity has a great thread going with excellent suggestions, search up her thread and you will be able to get some great ideas!

User Info Menu

We were married at that Gazebo...on December 1st, 1992.
    So...we return to the scene of the crime each year

User Info Menu

I was there November 2009 and loved it. It is very comfortable and the staff was excellent, very nice, I loved the feel of the resort. I included pictures from all around the resort:

http://beachessandybay.shutterfly.com/

User Info Menu

Thanks for the pics NegrilIrene. I love seeing what I have to look forward to. It looks like they painted since these pics were taken. Counting the days....
    what a great place to go back to every year Papa Georgie

User Info Menu

You're welcome Sophie. I really want to go back there.

User Info Menu

Scene of the crime

Good ol Beaches Sannnnndy Bay. I proposed to my wife there in 2007. We had lots of fun there, even though we didn't have any kids with us. The staff there makes it a very wonderful place. You will have an amazing wedding. Here's a few of the hundreds of pics we have of it...

Name:  6327466959_62c6a5974a_m.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  18.3 KB

Name:  6328213428_f38c63d912_m.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  24.1 KB

Name:  6327460573_f9d2e6eb98_m.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  18.9 KB

Name:  6327458435_228236b6d7_m.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  26.5 KB

Name:  6327456425_6edae5936d_m.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  24.8 KB

Name:  6327454417_e05269f846_m.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  17.8 KB
    March 2006 - Blue Cave Castle | November 2007 - Beaches Sandy Bay | November 2008 - Blue Cave Castle/Rockhouse/Grand Lido | March 2012 - Blue Cave Castle

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing your pictures. I love looking at them, lol. I have over 200 days til I go and it can't get here fast enough.