Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Askenish Basic School

User Info Menu

Askenish Basic School

Good morning all. With less that 30 sleeps, Cindy and I are starting to plan a few things for our 12th reach to the rock. Our old friends Chet and Coleen talked us into going our first year and have been hooked since. One of our favorite day trips was to pack the cooler, jump in the van and run up to The Askenish Basic School (not the all grade school) and bring school supplies to the kids. The school is at the base of Dolphin Head in I believe Westmorland. I have attached a link to past trip pictures below. Now my question, can one of you get me a contact phone number or email of someone at the school. A couple of years back, we made the trip up the mountain but there were closed for the day and I want to make sure the school is open. We are there the 10th to the 20th of February. Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Askenish...96016163764075
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Re: Askenish Basic School

Try this phone Number: (876) 359-1677

User Info Menu

Love, love, love the school visits and the interaction with the wee ones.
    You are bringing back memories of my last visit to a school in Jamaica.

I thank you and wish you much success on your upcoming trip.

User Info Menu

Thanks Lisa and Marko. If anyone wants to join us, I don't think I will rent a vehicle this time but we will have Patrick from Esparanza Tours take us up. What a great way to see the "real Jamaica".

User Info Menu

Where are Chet and Coleen? I loved his lyric posts and haven't seen one in ages. Wha gwan? Respect --Marblehead
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

Mr. Marble, they decided to change directions a few years back but their heart is still in Jamaica. We were so blessed to have Chet and Coleen teach us the ways of Jamaica and to introduce us to the "real Jamaica" As he always said, "let us be travelers, not tourists".

User Info Menu

I hope they are doing well. we have run into them a couple times in Jamaica, and also you 2 & them @ Whoopies
    one year.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Phil & Cindy View Post
    Mr. Marble, they decided to change directions a few years back but their heart is still in Jamaica. We were so blessed to have Chet and Coleen teach us the ways of Jamaica and to introduce us to the "real Jamaica" As he always said, "let us be travelers, not tourists".
    That perfectly describes the man that I came to admire on this board. Although we never met in the real, please tell him Marblehead sends his maximum regards and well wishes.
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

Thank you for supporting the kids. Brings such joy to them and us when we attend NEET at Travellers. Usually held on March 15th. School kids of all ages come to Travellers for the day and put on skits, recite poetry or tell stories/history of Jamaica, dance and drum. What a fun day! Hubby and I bring down a suitcase full of school supplies and last March bought a tablet for one of the students. They also have a program called buy a brick, build a library. Pay $5 for a brick and paint it however you want. The kids captured my heart a long time ago and continue to do so.
    Last edited by Jahmyheart; 01-12-2017 at 07:55 PM.