Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: One Love Concert Series now at the Jungle

User Info Menu

Interesting post..I am with most of you guys...I still like the cliffs for a concert setting. By the water, especially the cliffs, adds a special charm to the entire vibe. Loving music as I do...I'll go where they play, but truly, I prefer the cliff setting. I think Negril Escape was near a perfect concert environment. Guess we will just have to see how it goes.

User Info Menu

Very interesting prices rastagirl wonder why that was so?
    I hope it is not because they cram hundreds of people in the Jungle so much so that you cannot get near the stage or see anything.
    I think there is some videos of previous concerts at the Jungle on youtube.I am going to have a look at some.

User Info Menu

I will add my )-: to the list. We are staying at N.E. in Feb and were looking forward to the show who ever it may have been. Not sure if we will venture to the Jungle or not. Probably not!

Steve

User Info Menu

I would hope that the Alan could take the guests at Negril Escape over on the Jungle shuttle anyway.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Bummed! Even though I stay at the Whistling Bird -- literally across the street from the Jungle -- it's with sadness to learn that One Love's no longer at Negril Escape. Talk about magical! My peak experience last vacation was the Feb 8th Richie Spice concert. The vibe was blissful, surrounded by beautiful Rastafari youth, a super tight backup band, warm clear sky, fragrant cliff breeze. Not an experience duplicated indoors. Hopefully Carey will continue with some concerts at that location. Please?

User Info Menu

I hear ya David. In 28 years the absolute BEST reggae show I've seen in Negril was the Toots show a week before the Richie Spice show. It was awesome and the production quality at NE was just TOPS - especially the SOUND, something I've always struggled with with various shows at other places (its hard to mix sound outdoors, especially by the water).

User Info Menu

You're right rastagirl. The SOUND was really dialed in. Ha! Maybe management decided all that nice audio gear was too precious to be used outside.

Not sure about other events he produced on the Cliffs, but that one had a good half hour of local clothing and crafts presented as a multimedia show, with artists in attendance. Also had a good 2 dozen tables set up like a vendor fair. I don't imagine much of that translating to the Jungle.

User Info Menu

Does anyone have the scedule? Can't find it on the Jungle website. ThANKS

User Info Menu

@jan24
    There is no schedule so far

However, Bnewb just posted the one and only concert that they are promoting so far this year, here:
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.p...Concert-Series...

This website is typically where they used to show the schedule but it doesn't seem they update it very regularly.
    http://oneloveconcerts.com/new/
    It is clear that the One Love Concert series is definitely not what it was last year....though I hope that changes as we were there right before it started and came back way after it was over and we will be there in April and I was thinking it will be our first reach IN SEASON in a while and I was hoping to get the chance to finally attend a show...though I was really hoping it to be at Negril Escape....oh well