Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: snrokel at Rhodes Hall

User Info Menu

snrokel at Rhodes Hall

Is there a boat at Rhodes Hall to take you out snorkelling? When and what time? Can't wait to see some fish!

User Info Menu

Hey STS

I didn't see any boat when we were there last April.

However there's lots of fish to see just off the shoreline where the infinity pool is located. Check close to shore where the rock drops straight into the water. Also in the little bay and around the concrete pier. They've thrown some cinder blocks in the water to the left of the pier and it is home to plenty of tropical fish. In most places it's not over your head.

Some people were snorkeling out farther but I was quite content with the show near the shoreline. It seems to be mostly coral all around.

Here's a picture of the bay from the infinity pool.

Name:  2011_04200085 (Small).JPG
Views: 263
Size:  18.7 KB

User Info Menu

Name:  IMG_0138.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  96.1 KB This guy came around in the mornings when we stayed there in July,

User Info Menu

We visited RH for a webcast..took our snorkel equipment and we were off. There is a great easy entrance to the water and it is quite easy to get to several reefs there. I was truly surprised at just how good the snorkeling was there! Really good! There is really no need for a boat unless you don't have snorkel equipment. It would be worth you getting your own snorkel gear, especially if you really enjoy it. We snorkel the cliffs and anywhere we can. With that said, we do still really enjoy our trips to the bigger reefs with Vincent. For RH, you will be pleasantly surprised at just how good the area is. So many fish.....maybe due to the waters being more protected there and less traffic. Worth the time to snorkel...fi sure!!! Have a great time!!

User Info Menu

Errol,is the glass bottom boat that takes you out.We snorkeled everyday for hours and hours.We saw 6-8 lion fish.We went out with Errol.Its ok with him,but IMO.Theres enough to see up and down the protected reef.We took our snorkel gear.But i rented theres cuz we need another pair of fins.So i just rent it from the the mask and fins.$5.00 a day cant go wrong with that.You will see tons and tons of fish.We saw flounder,sting ray,barracuda and eels.PM if you need other info.PS go see Shane and the crew up at the restraunt."Bayveiw"-GREAT FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!-IMO the money I spent i would use that again for the horseback riding up in da hills and into da wata-Thats a MUST do-We did the AI meal plan also.We did the Jamaica experence meal.THAT WAS DA BEST!!!!!!Even for the kids.They DO take care of ya there at Rhodes Hall Palntation!!!-We WILL be back July or August again.
    Last edited by Vince; 10-24-2011 at 10:48 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the info. Can't wait to get there. I have equipment so I will definately check it out.

User Info Menu

Rhodes Hall is on my "must do" list to spend a day when I get down there..do they still have the Wednesday pizza parties?

User Info Menu

usually do the reef by booby cay, and by xtabi, lookin for a new place to snorkel, and i bring all my own gear from canada, any more info? thanx, soon come