Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Check In vs Carry On....?

User Info Menu

Re: Check In vs Carry On....?

Air mattress for the beach
    Bloody Mary mix
    Vodka
    More vodka
    Few snacks
    Plastic cups
    Cooler
    Just for starters.... Yup we check bags!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IRIEchic View Post
    My CarryOn (longest stay 9days) Includes:

5 Swim suits
    3 Cover Ups
    Beach Flip Flops
    Shorts
    Leggings
    Tops
    1-2 Sundresses/Skirt
    Sleepwear/Under garments
    1 Flat Shoe
    1 Semi Heel (That I never wear and about to be fired from the list)
    1 Sneaker (That I usually wear on the flight)
    Toiletries (In a toiletry bag that hangs up)
    Strap purse & Hand purse
    Face cloths
    Scarfs/Sun Cap
    Portable speaker
    Candles & Incents
    Snacks
    Bottles (For the room)
    Insulated cup
    Coffee cup
    Strap purse & Hand purse

I use the Cubes & Ziploc Space bags they work wonders!
    Okay darling, a couple questions, how do you get bottles past security in your carry on, and how do you survive 9 days with those mini sized lotions, hair stuff, skitter spray, and all the stuff that can't go into carry on, except for the little bag they allow, we have never discussed this over cocktails ...lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    Okay darling, a couple questions, how do you get bottles past security in your carry on, and how do you survive 9 days with those mini sized lotions, hair stuff, skitter spray, and all the stuff that can't go into carry on, except for the little bag they allow, we have never discussed this over cocktails ...lol
    My badd I don't pack my bottles in my carry on I just carry them on from duty free on my direct flight and I don't have hair products because my hair is usually braided remember?! lol...I bring (2) bottles of bath wash, (2) toothpaste and (2) sunblock (You know I hide from the sun) so dont need much of that! WE must add this subj to hour cocktail talk!
    Last edited by IRIEchic; 01-29-2017 at 01:40 AM.
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

I check one bag and bring a small carry on.

I don't pay for luggage, and I don't mind waiting in line if it means I have everything I need right there with me. I'm on vacation, I'm allowed 50 lbs (my case is usually about 35 pounds when I weigh in) and I'm waiting in line anyway, so I don't skimp on what I bring (I'm not excessive, but it's not like I'm backpacking, yuh know!)

I don't think I've ever brought anything unusual, but this year I want to bring some solar powered twinkle lights to decorate my patio, maybe.
    Last edited by LivinInThe603; 01-29-2017 at 08:20 AM.
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

Livin, are those lights to help guide you home at night so you don't walk into the wrong place.....hehehehehe

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregandkelly63 View Post
    I would feel guilty bringing just a carry on. That would mean we didn't bring anything to give away!
    Cash takes up very little space and I haven't yet had a maid, driver or other service industry person refuse it

That said I did bring a couple of things to give specific folks...a decor item for a newly opened place, some solar lights for someone else. They fit into my carryon just fine.

I use a lot of bug spray and so far no problem running out. This past trip there were 3 of us and we each brought travel size shampoo, conditioner, Off, sunscreen, moisturizer (everything else is "solid" so no limit - lip balm, soap, deodorant etc). 10 days later we had leftovers of everything. In fact they sell bug wipes, powder shampoo and similar products now, none of which are subject to carryon limits.

To each their own, there's no right way to do it. But for me, carryon only for the 3 of us saved $150 - an entire extra day in Jamaica. That plus the time savings at the airport makes it worth it, to me, to pack carefully. It also makes going from place to place easier, we move around a lot.

User Info Menu

I think couple of people have taken my comment the wrong way. By saying I would feel guilty bringing just a carry on because that would mean we didn't bring anything to give away, I meant we didn't anything to give to the children. In the past we have brought toys, school supplies, back packs and musical instruments.

Cash works for everyone else. But I hate seeing people handing cash to the kids. It's like teaching them to beg from tourist.

No offense was intended to the people that just being carry on bag. I was speaking only of my own feelings.
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

On a side note, I found the one indespensible item I must bring to Negril....Pedialyte, yep.... It comes in powdered form as individual packets .....Greatest thing for a hangover....better even....hangover prevention! They come in flavors and I found myself mixing them in with vodka sodas... In between the stripes...Emergen-C works well too....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bostonguy823 View Post
    On a side note, I found the one indespensible item I must bring to Negril....Pedialyte, yep.... It comes in powdered form as individual packets .....Greatest thing for a hangover....better even....hangover prevention! They come in flavors and I found myself mixing them in with vodka sodas... In between the stripes...Emergen-C works well too....
    Great suggestion! I will stock up!

User Info Menu

Heads up if your only option is AA. While double checking baggage limits yesterday, end of February, $25.00 fee for using the overhead bin!