Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pot on the Beach

User Info Menu

Re: Pot on the Beach

Quote Originally Posted by kwhizz View Post
    We are sitting on the beach right now. And, over the years I have never seen as many people walking up and down the beach with openly displayed "Buds" of pot in their hands for sale........just say'in
    lol........welcome to jamaica.
    they dont need those black bags anymore

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slightly Stoopid View Post
    Attachment 47420
    Time for dis T
    I wore that shirt a couple of years ago and it was well received. Most guys just laughed at it once they took the time to read it.

User Info Menu

Much better to have smokers then the crack-heads dealers that were prevalent in the past. Plus with decriminalization the police can focus on the real problems (violence, crack, etc...) instead of someone smoking a spliff.

The hotel we stayed in the last two trips and again this April was always a "no ganja smoking" establishment. Now there is open smoking on the beach. So goes it.

Any logical person should know ahead of time that ganja is everywhere in Jamaica. It is mentioned on every travel site I have looked at. If they are offended by ganja my suggestion is to find another island to visit.

The Jamaican Government is moving quickly to commercialize ganja based products and medicines. It is a product and business that is booming.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Oil View Post
    Much better to have smokers then the crack-heads dealers that were prevalent in the past. Plus with decriminalization the police can focus on the real problems (violence, crack, etc...) instead of someone smoking a spliff.

The hotel we stayed in the last two trips and again this April was always a "no ganja smoking" establishment. Now there is open smoking on the beach. So goes it.

Any logical person should know ahead of time that ganja is everywhere in Jamaica. It is mentioned on every travel site I have looked at. If they are offended by ganja my suggestion is to find another island to visit.

The Jamaican Government is moving quickly to commercialize ganja based products and medicines. It is a product and business that is booming.
    My thoughts exactly.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    Jomack, it doesn't bother me that people smoke it, heck, a lot of my friends on the beach do, I'm surprised I don't walk around with a ''contact'' high, maybe I do
    WooHoo! you mean I can inhale & exhale freely on the beach! you will now Mi Friend!
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Oil View Post

i think justin and andrew...should sample some BC bud

User Info Menu

I heard tales of a bud vending machine being put in the airport, which allowed you to self declare that you needed ganja as medicine. I guess that still hasn't happened.

User Info Menu

Last December the beach guys selling pot were pretty aggressive. I was polite and said that stuff makes me dizzy. They almost wouldn't take no for an answer. I was not amused. In the past it seemed they would just say "Smoke?" And you could say no thanks.

User Info Menu

They were pretty aggressive with me too in February. But they all laughed when I said I get drugged tested for my job!

User Info Menu

The dealers can get pretty aggressive at times....but for the most part, a simple "No thanks" seems to work for me. Occasionally I'll run into that guy who won't take "no" for an answer...That can get pretty annoying.
    Last edited by Muck; 03-21-2017 at 11:49 AM.