Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MoBay Departure Lead Time?

User Info Menu

MoBay Departure Lead Time?

Here's a newbie question for you grizzled vets. How early do you need to arrive at Sangster airport before your departing flight to get checked in and through customs and security? Say your flight is at 1:00pm - what time would you want to be at the airport?

Thanks in advance. (37 sleeps!)

User Info Menu

Re: MoBay Departure Lead Time?

Unless you're flying business class and have a way to get through security quickly (club Mobay or wheelchair assist), I'd give it 3 1/2 to 4 hours based on the lines I saw last week. That assumes you have to check in luggage.

User Info Menu

We try to arrive about 2 hours early especially if we check luggage. The line has always been LONG for us. We have always used Club Mobay so we might get thru secuity faster however - not sure.
    [http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

It has never ever taken my wife and I more than an hour from parking lot to gate.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post
    Unless you're flying business class and have a way to get through security quickly (club Mobay or wheelchair assist), I'd give it 3 1/2 to 4 hours based on the lines I saw last week. That assumes you have to check in luggage.
    Saeyedoc is right about the wheelchair assist - I requested it when I booked ticket. Not only was it great in Vancouver and Toronto, but it was also amazing in MoBay ... on arrival the wheelchairs were right as you came off the aircraft and the attendant took me right thru customs and immigration (using the special line for airline crew), stopped at baggage and grabbed my one piece of wheeled luggage which he pulled behind him and I was out the departure door where my driver was waiting in about 15 minutes total. On departure, they took me directly from the checkin station to the departure gate (again about 15 minutes). Incredible service and well worth the $20 US tip I gave each attendant.

User Info Menu

I doubt you'd get to the gate in a hour based on what I saw last Saturday around 1:30.

User Info Menu

Depends on what day you are travelling. Saturday is the heaviest travel day - so give yourself extra time - but most other days aren't that bad and 2 hours is good

User Info Menu

Keep in mind if you are checking baggage the check in counters do not open until 3 hrs before your flight. Has happened to us. We always use Club Moby on the way out, sometimes we dont need it sometimes we do and it is nice to have the lounge to use if for some reason we get there early.

User Info Menu

We arrive at airport about 2 hours before flight, get in line to check bags and get that part done. You can look at the security line through the doors and if it is not too bad, we go down to the far end of the airport and grab a couple Red Stripes from The Island Grill. Price there is about half (or less than half) of what you will pay for a beer at Jimmy's or at any other Kiosk in the airport past security. We pop open the beers and sit outside across the street from the airport building on a little island where busses drop off passengers and people watch and enjoy the last few minutes of hot, windy air. Once you go through security the vacation is over and we like to savor every last second. All of this means leaving Negril 3 1/2 hours before your flight.

User Info Menu

Make sure you book Club Mobay early if you plan on using it, it was already full when I tried for our recent trip.