Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 Nights on the Cliffs: Winging It...

User Info Menu

Post 2 Nights on the Cliffs: Winging It...

We are going to be in Negril Mar 27-Apr 2. We are beach lovers and staying at White Sands (where we stayed our last trip) for the first four nights. Its location is perfect for us. After reading so many good things about the West End we want to spend our last 2 nights on the Cliffs.

Our #1 priority is the view from a private porch (celebrating 25th anniversary) and 2nd would be ability to swim and snorkel right from the property. We want AC for sleeping.

If money was no object, (canadian $ sucks) we'd probably stay at a villa at Rockhouse. Sadly they are above our budget and reviews give me the impression the other rooms at RH are nothing special... Sounds like Home Sweet Home might be a good choice and looks to be in a good location. Westender looks nice but maybe too if not too far out?

This leads me to my question about winging it. We will have a car so visiting a few properties to assess isn't out of the question. Does anyone have experience just showing up and saying I want to stay for 2 nights? Given last minute has anyone made an offer for what would otherwise be unoccupied at a discount? "I've never stayed on the cliffs before, your property looks amazing and I'd love to stay in one of your oceanfront villas but they are above my budget, would you considering accepting $xxx for two nights?" Would that be offside?

Recommendations where to stay welcomed. This site and you boardies are an amazing resource for Jamaica.

Cheers and Thanks
    BS

User Info Menu

Re: 2 Nights on the Cliffs: Winging It...

Catcha Falling Star...one of the new rooms, maybe upper floor for the most private porch? Enjoy!

User Info Menu

I don't think you'd be able to walk up and get a great deal on a room...mostly because it's still busy season and the popular hotels/rooms will be booked.
    Check out availability at Catcha Falling Star, Tensing Pen, Mirage, Tingalaya's Retreat...all offer great views from most of their porches and intimate enough for your anniversary.

User Info Menu

I think Home Sweet Home would fit what you are looking for. The rates are very reasonable, you can get a room with balcony, and nice pool. westender is beautiful, but you're right... it's kinda far out there. Although no pool, Banana Shout is a great property. It's next to Ricks and, with limited accommodations, it could be what you're looking for

User Info Menu

We stayed in Venus at Catcha for our 20th anniversary a couple years ago. We fell asleep on the very private balcony, just gazing out at the moon and stars and enjoying each others company (and the rum cream). It was an incredible experience. I hope to do it again for my 25th anniversary in a couple more years. I don't think you can do a walkup there, because they book up pretty fast, and I don't know what your budget is, but it was well worth the extra expense to me and I'll do it again for a future celebration.

User Info Menu

I too would recommend Home Sweet Home. Or the Blue Cave Castle. You would have to get a superior room at the BCC for the AC.
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I too would recommend Home Sweet Home. Or the Blue Cave Castle. You would have to get a superior room at the BCC for the AC.
    Most require 3 nights stay unless it's slow

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SoloTraveller View Post
    Most require 3 nights stay unless it's slow
    Right. BCC does have a 3 night minimum, and they aren't very flexible on that (unless you're a regular, and in a special circumstance).

User Info Menu

We really loved home sweet home. The views were great. Can snorkel right there. Connies is a 2 second walk. Sports bar across the street.

User Info Menu

HSH is nice.