Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: SPOTLIGHT is on...... *vi* ( ;) It's our 1st time going to PA, What & where would you

User Info Menu

Red face SPOTLIGHT is on...... *vi* ( ;) It's our 1st time going to PA, What & where would you

*vi*, Is our go to person, and I think sammyb, is got good onsite on there area. For families with teenagers. I think it is a better value staying a vacation rental vs. a hotel. Of course the beaches of Boston Bay and ect. I would like to see the PA message board start getting more sites and input. After from what we see and like it's a gem of a parish. That needs exposure. IMO. We are trying to get everything in order for a summer trip. Sometimes (when going to Negril area) we see places to stay that look very nice. But when we get back home and look for them, no information to be found. I'm looking for places like that to be highlights. I hope this thread will help others along with us to gain knowledge of PA. This thread is to help EVERYONE interested in the area. (our likkle secret spot of Ja.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Re: SPOTLIGHT is on...... *vi* ( ;) It's our 1st time going to PA, What & where would

VINCE!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! WOW! I'm too excited for words! I'm about to leave for the day, but I'll be back in the morning with my suggestions and tips. And I'm sure Sammy will be in to contribute her great ideas. What month are you going??

For starters I agree that you should look for house accommodations and put Reach Falls at the top of your "day trip list".

Get Ready Portland...VINCE is on his way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Re: SPOTLIGHT is on...... *vi* ( ;) It's our 1st time going to PA, What & where would

Lol, vi, we are thinking of summer month not sure yet. Got to get stuff in order 1st. But..... YES!!! Portland we are READY for the new sights, sounds, Red Stripe, opps, had to throw that in there! Smiling faces, beaches, lush tropical untouched land! I could go on for a while but,.. Heck I haven't even been yet!! Reach Fall is the on the bucket list. If I can jump or swim or surf in it, I"M IN!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

I have been and Reach Falls is something

User Info Menu

Hello Vince and everyone else here. I hope you don't mind if I hijack and ask a question about Reach Falls Husband and I are headed to the PA area in 28 days for the first time!
    *vi* and sammyb have been very helpful and so is this board!

Are there parts of Reach Falls that you need to swim to get through? I'm just asking because one of the two of us doesn't swim well. He's a great doggy paddler though We've swam through caves on other islands with aid of a floaty/life ring thing and it's worked great. We've also been to YS and Dunns. I'm sure we'll visit Reach Falls regardless, but I was curious how much we can see without a lot of swimming? Thanks for any input! I'll definitely fill you all in on our trip once we return!

I'm excited for you to explore a new area Vince! I'm sure you'll have an amazing time!

User Info Menu

This discussion thread is a "no hijacked thread", I started this discussion for us newbies to have a little or a lot of knowledge before we hit PA. We have HAVE'NT been yet to PA. But my look at Reach Falls has a area that I see is for non experienced swimmers you will be fine in. Honestly, we have been to Mayfield Falls and the guides are like your guardian angels. As long as you tell the guides, hey mon!, mi not a good swimmer, but!!! I can out doggy paddle a dog though!! All you have to do is ask. MOST guides on most falls will watch over you like a hawk. We took our nieces and they was 8 months old and 2 years old. My brother & sister in laws walk Mayfield with them and the guys showed the safest routes to navigate up the fall. Most times they would grab the girls and hold them and mom and dad walked up the areas. Honestly the girls had no problem with someone else holding them. It was a good time and everyone was safe swimmers or non swimmers. But GO to Reach Falls!! Just give them a heads up! No worries mon!! REMINDER THIS THREAD IS HIJACK FREE DISCUSSION!! We are here to discuss and take in knowledge from ANYONE that has been to PA. ASK AWAY!! And yea, when you get back from PA we want a FULL trip report!! LOL Relax mon, in 27.5 days that will FLY by you will be in PA!! YAY!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Vince

You are clearly as stoked as we are for our upcoming trip. As you mention, vi* and sammyb have been such wonderful resources and proponents of Port Antonio that we know we will count this as one of the blessed places on our planet that we have been fortunate to see and cherish memories of forever. Negril is one of those places too. I have a feeling Port Antonio will call us back.

My wife and I wish you a fantastic trip. It sounds like we will mark our first visit before you, Mrs Buffalo and I are looking forward to raising a glass on our terrace to toast everyone on this board who has helped get us there. If you were following us immediately I might be worried for you but if you not going until summer there should be adequate time for the red stripe supply on the East coast to be restocked

That said, agregory as we not too far behind you please let us know if we should load up in Kingston before we head East. We'd a love a trip report or just pictures of your travels upon your return. We wish you a fantastic trip as well.

My god this planning is fun...

Cheers
    Buffalo
    https://www.TickerFactory.com/

https://www.TickerFactory.com/

User Info Menu

Did I here Red Stripe! Drink as much as Red Stripe as you can, give the Red Stripe employees a smile on there face. (and ours too)! When ya'll do raise a glass on your terrace for everyone on this PA board. PICTURE TIME!! lol. So.... What is the plan on places to stay and go do. I know it's kinda hard to plan ahead. Like I tell my wife just get me on that plane and head that dang plane south till we see blue water and a Jamaica flag. And then we will just go with the flow. YA MON!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

I'm sure we will go to Reach and it will all be irie I thought I saw a video of people getting into the rushing water and going under, swimming through a hole and coming back out on the other side as they trekked through the falls. It didn't look like something even I would be interested in doing as a swimmer. No worries though, we'll still enjoy it even without the thrill of doing that I'm pretty adventurous, but in the video I saw the water was really rushing!

I'll definitely post pictures and a trip report once we return. We are starting our trip with 6 nights in Negril starting the 22nd Soon come!

User Info Menu

Can't wait for these trip reports! Sine we have 2 boardies that are going for sure. Post a roll call. Just something different. Safe travels to all! Are most of ya'll renting a car or other means of transportation??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]