Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Radio Xtabi

User Info Menu

Radio Xtabi

When I first went to Negril back in 2007, I stayed at Xtabi resort. It was there I met Joe B and his lovely wife Missy, and heard many stories of the old Negril. They always stayed in cabin #4, and always for a month. While I was there, Joe B told me about "Radio Xtabi". Apparently someone brought down a bunch of recording equipment and always stayed across the street. Does anyone know if that still happens? He always played the most fabulous mixture of music, and I always wanted to meet him, but didn't get the opportunity.
    Does anyone else have memories of things that make you a little nostalgic? I'm Negril bound on the 24th, so soon come!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Radio Xtabi

If I remember correctly, I think the gentleman who ran the "pirate radio station" was named Lee. He used to come to the webcasts at 3 Dives and we would talk for hours.

I haven't seen him for years and what he was doing was illegal, so it is understandable that it no longer takes place. He was an interesting guy to talk to, but as our webcasts have stopped after a 20 year run, so has the "pirate radio". Time marches on...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!