Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: How nice is the Bungalo hotel (former Sun Garden)?

User Info Menu

How nice is the Bungalo hotel (former Sun Garden)?

Place is very affordable and has AC and a pool .... But for the life of me, I can't place or remember anyone ever mentioning the place ....

User Info Menu

It's nothing special, but clean and very quiet across the road. I have noticed over the last few years alot more locals renting rooms.Don't know what they are getting now for a room,but it use to be real reasonable, When I traveled alone over the years thats where I would stay because it was cheap. I never had any problems staying there and like I said very quiet and not alot of people around.

User Info Menu

Stayed there October, 2009 to April 2010. Like bigga said, nothing special but clean and quiet. It is right next door to Time Square, across from Bourbon Beach. There is a very nice and reasonably priced little store across the street. They have some units with room and kitchen and some that are just rooms.

User Info Menu

As far as I know this is the Sun Garden, (and formerly Bungalo). Over the years, I have stayed here a few times. Very good location, less than a mile to the roundabout. Bar-B-Barn and Bourbon beach across the street. There are about 40 rooms in total, with a nice garden area. In the low season you may find the place fairly quiet (as is the case with many properties). This is a basic clean Jamaican owned property. Rooms have A/C, screened and small TV's with cable. Safe keeping available at reception office. Good area to park cars/bikes. They have rooms with Kitchens available too. Nice pool and restaurant in back with view of the morass, but not sure if bar and restaurant open now, since the Sun Beach restaurant, located on the beach north of Sun Garden, is owned by the same family. Reasonably priced. Might be worth a phone call to check on the status of pool bar and restaurant. Give it a try!