Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Incident on beach

User Info Menu

Re: Incident on beach

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Ya...Rob doesn't really promote the FB pages he has...even though some have 1000's of people on them...FB can be a pain and quite BeaStly at times.
    Approval pending... I hope I get in
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

Hate to hear that, glad no one was hurt but it doesn't make your vacation very enjoyable to be robbed of your hard earned cash. maybe we will hear that the police make an arrest.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LivinInThe603 View Post
    Don't worry, I don't think it's that difficult to get in

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LivinInThe603 View Post
    Hey 603,

I tried to join too.

BTW. Who's that weird old dude in the khaki standing next to you in the bash picture?

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    Hey 603,

I tried to join too.

BTW. Who's that weird old dude in the khaki standing next to you in the bash picture?

Cap
    it was some good looking guy we met at Woodstock !!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Ah, the group page that forced me to join FB. That page used the name of our members, "Negril Boardies" and was started and is maintained by a gentleman in the States. He is not in Negril and would have no way to corroborate any information posted there. To his credit, he has in the description of the page written "For lovers of Negril, and those who communicate on the Negril.com board. Also be sure to check out Negril Boardies- since 1996." But we are in no way affiliated with that group page.

I started the "Negril Boardies- since 1996" page as the official group page for the Negril Message Board. I just read the post in question and it is an "I heard that so and so...." type story. That makes that post second hand at best. The OP's post here is now at least third hand.

As I stated above, without hearing from those involved (first hand) or the police, there is no way to know if this incident occurred or not. If this had been posted on our Negril Boardies - since 1996 group page, I would have had it removed as it is second hand information, and unfortunately not everyone tells the truth while on vacation or on Facebook.... (grin)
    friends don,t let friends do f-c-boo-

User Info Menu

I know the peeps this happened to.They stay at Point Village and he is a big dude.Glad no one was injured and they have made plans to return next winter.Stay safe and be careful of your surroundings.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs of the week View Post
    I know the peeps this happened to.They stay at Point Village and he is a big dude.Glad no one was injured and they have made plans to return next winter.Stay safe and be careful of your surroundings.
    Thanks Biggs...if anything good comes out of this...it's always a good reminder for anywhere/anytime...to stay safe and be aware of your surroundings even while on vacation.
    Negril is an amazing & unusual village where many locals and tourists interact by the sheer nature of how this community started...originally only rooms and camp sites being offered, small hotels and boutique properties grew and in later years the AI's were developed...there's more movement and interaction around Negril than many other tourist locations.
    Some will unfortunately take advantage of the freedom of this fabulous interaction...and hopefully as this one time fishing village quickly becomes a town, the laws and enforcement that come with that process will effectively minimize this situation.

User Info Menu

The victim has now posted her story and it's fairly straightforward of right place but wrong time. Her hubby is a big dude but I guess size doesn't matter when the punks who did this were a pack of 4. She didn't mention if they reported this or not but it certainly sounds like it would be close to impossible to catch the punks. They had their hoodies on and took off running after robbing them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    Hey 603,

I tried to join too.

Cap
    I'm looking forward to seeing you around at this years festivities, cap!!! Would really love a tour of Zion Hill. I'll connect with you as we approach the days
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion