Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Incident on beach

User Info Menu

Re: Incident on beach

Wishing safe travels to all! I know I'm really looking forward to my trip but my faith has waivered a few times. I hope that my experiences leave me with the same euphoric feeling I got the first time I came to Jamaica! Soon come

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jamerican71 View Post
    The victim has now posted her story and it's fairly straightforward of right place but wrong time. Her hubby is a big dude but I guess size doesn't matter when the punks who did this were a pack of 4. She didn't mention if they reported this or not but it certainly sounds like it would be close to impossible to catch the punks. They had their hoodies on and took off running after robbing them.

Was this a daytime robbery?
    [=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jamerican1 View Post
    Was this a daytime robbery?
    Yes

User Info Menu

Thanks! Is there somewhere I could find the whole story?

User Info Menu

jamerican, the post is over on (page name removed due to past libel issues with Jamaican businesses and that page) facebook. It is told by the actually folks this happened to. It was 12:30 in the afternoon, and they were walking on the narrow strip of beach , past Cosmos.
    As they report, 4 tall men, with hoodies and sunglasses came out from the brush area, one with a knife demanded their money. The people, who are regular visitors to Negril, gave them approx. 80.00. and they fled, thankfully they were not hurt. I have always been leary of walking in that area.

User Info Menu

We owned a timeshare at Beaches Sandy Bay (formerly Poinciana). My morning walk for many years was up to Cosmos. Along the former beach resort that was no longer there (cant remember the name). Past the villa. Along the public beach. Then to Cosmos. On my return walk I was robbed at knife point (had to have stiches) on a deserted part of the beach not really all that far from Beaches Sandy Bay. This was in 2011...we return each year but our habits have changed. Negril is not what it was 20 years ago.

User Info Menu

That section where you have to walk in the woods has always been sketchy

User Info Menu

Thanks Jojo!

User Info Menu

Safe travels to all...

User Info Menu

Papa Georgie,

Sorry to read about your stabbing incident (cut) back in 2011. And yes many changes in 20 years but that is universal so.. Safe travels to you too!!