Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Incident on beach

User Info Menu

Incident on beach

I read elsewhere that there was some sort of incident that happened today near Cosmos on the beach. Does anyone have any information about this?

User Info Menu

Re: Incident on beach

It was reported on another site that two tourists were robbed at knifepoint of about $80 US, no one was hurt.

User Info Menu

Must be true if one read it elsewhere and the other corroborated it on another site. I am sure Rob or Lisa will get closer to the truth when they find out.
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

Administrator

User Info Menu

We have not heard anything first hand from anyone involved or from the police, so there is nothing to confirm or deny.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

It was posted on the Negril Boardies Facebook page

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob......If you could please keep us informed of any updates, I would appreciate it.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post
    It was posted on the Negril Boardies Facebook page
    Ah, the group page that forced me to join FB. That page used the name of our members, "Negril Boardies" and was started and is maintained by a gentleman in the States. He is not in Negril and would have no way to corroborate any information posted there. To his credit, he has in the description of the page written "For lovers of Negril, and those who communicate on the Negril.com board. Also be sure to check out Negril Boardies- since 1996." But we are in no way affiliated with that group page.

I started the "Negril Boardies- since 1996" page as the official group page for the Negril Message Board. I just read the post in question and it is an "I heard that so and so...." type story. That makes that post second hand at best. The OP's post here is now at least third hand.

As I stated above, without hearing from those involved (first hand) or the police, there is no way to know if this incident occurred or not. If this had been posted on our Negril Boardies - since 1996 group page, I would have had it removed as it is second hand information, and unfortunately not everyone tells the truth while on vacation or on Facebook.... (grin)

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pamc12345 View Post
    Thanks Rob......If you could please keep us informed of any updates, I would appreciate it.
    No problem Pam! And thanks for asking instead of posting that "it happened".

Anyone can post anything on the Internet for any reason they want. An "I heard" post is easy for us to remove when the info cannot be verified, but first hand posts are not always what they seem. Last week's Rick's Café post is just the latest example of that. When verified, the posted information did not match the info from multiple sources here on the island. And you can read the rest for yourself.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the updates and thanks for the info on the fb page... I didn't realize there was one
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LivinInThe603 View Post
    Thanks for the updates and thanks for the info on the fb page... I didn't realize there was one
    Ya...Rob doesn't really promote the FB pages he has...even though some have 1000's of people on them...FB can be a pain and quite BeaStly at times.