Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Couples Resorts and MyVegas Rewards

User Info Menu

Couples Resorts and MyVegas Rewards

For those that don't play the Facebook game "MyVegas", here's a little preface: MyVegas is a game that you play on Facebook by playing slots and/or table games to accumulate reward points. It's all totally free, although you can spend money on it if you want - I've never spent a cent on it. You then use those points to redeem rewards at various resorts, restaurants, and other tourist attractions around the world, but mainly in Las Vegas. When the game first started it was great - the rewards were generous (e.g. free rooms at high-end hotels, free shows, free food and drinks), and you could use as many as you wanted. After a while, they started putting clamps on the value of the rewards and limits on how many you could use during a given period. So, when it first started, it was great, but the value gradually degraded, and now it's gotten to the point that it's barely worth the effort.

Anyway, I began playing the game when it was good, and I've accumulated a lot of reward points. So, I was thrilled to see that Couples resorts partnered with MyVegas early this year, and they have some pretty decent rewards (like book 4 nights, get a fifth night free, free massage, free private dinner on the beach, etc). I had planned to redeem a reward for our trip next week, but unfortunately was unable to do so. There are a couple of reasons:

1) You have to redeem the MyVegas rewards with a new booking. I had booked our Couples reservation prior to the start of the promotion. I'm pretty sure you have to redeem the MyVegas reward at booking time too, although that wasn't very clear.
    2) You have to book directly through Couples, not with a different travel company. I booked through cheapcaribbean.com.

Anyway, for any of you who happen to play MyVegas (or played in the past and have unused reward points) and are thinking about booking a stay at a Couples resort, you may want to check it out.
    Last edited by madtowndan; 03-02-2017 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Fat fingers