Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scotia Bank now charging $385 to change a $5,000 bill

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Scotia Bank now charging $385 to change a $5,000 bill

I am not sure I would call it slavery, but a whole lot of people are getting mad again, as they did in December.

http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/mobile/...t-Scotia_91268

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I am not sure I would call it slavery, but a whole lot of people are getting mad again, as they did in December.
    If you think the 385 fee is outrageous you should see the "dormant account" fee

The Banks are out of control. Thank God for the credit unions!

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    This has nothing to do with a gas station getting counterfeit notes and everything to do with increasing the bottom line. In the article it mentions the flack they received in December trying to increase check cashing fees to $1385...
    I find this (charging to break a $5000 bill into smaller bills) rather ironic, considering that when I used the Negril ScotiaBank ATM for a withdrawal, what I received were mostly $5,000 bills. I used a different ATM in Black River, made a larger withdrawal and received NO $5,000's. I'll be avoiding ScotiaBank in the future.

User Info Menu

I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion