Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I love Negril

User Info Menu

Re: I love Negril

Great post! I'm longing for my next trip to Negril after choosing a different destination for our January vacation (due to budget concerns). Once the airfare is right, I'm pushing the button!

User Info Menu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo9AH4vG2wA

Can we all get a group hug

User Info Menu

I love Negril too. Nice place to have 20 minutes away. Sometimes the vibe gets a bit too much but Zion Hill is close by

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Totally agree, trip # 59 March 11....there is nothing like the Island of Jamaica, I love Negril
    Visit #56 soon come

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flipadelphia26 View Post
    Is it a perfect paradise? Not exactly. But I love it. My wife loves it. My wife and I fell in love there. We were married there. We met life long friends there and we have returned there almost 20 times since 2012.

Maybe because it's not the perfect paradise. Maybe it's because it can be like the "wild west". Sometimes it's not the greatest place ever, but to me - it adds to the realism of the fact that we are not in Kansas anymore.. If I wanted the perfect vacation - with no complaints. I'd drop the money to go to Secrets in mobay. Or disney world. Negril isn't disney. I love it for that reason.

That's all I have to say about that.
    I love this take on Negril. A paradise does not need to be "perfect" to be a paradise.

I have never found any theme park to be a paradise, but more of an attraction you pay for the day or weekend.

I wasn't impressed by Disney World, the animatronics look more like tronics than animals. Space Mountain and the monorail inside the hotel were cool, but overall it wasn't my cup of tea. But millions of people love it and have for generations. A lot of decades of planning have gone into the creation of the current version of Disney World.

Negril became a destination more by accident than anything seriously planned. Tourism took off when the Hippies came here in the late 60"s. The main places to stay were more often than not someone's backyard or guest room.

There was no electricity, clean running water or phones. No TV, no refrigerator, no AC, yet it was a paradise for the Hippies who could smoke ganja without judgement or many legal entanglements.

Now visitors complain, justifiably, when there is no working WiFi. The thought of no AC, TV or refrigerator is almost intolerable. No running clean water would BE intolerable. Yet when Disneyland was already a decade old, visitors accepted those inconveniences unimaginable today in Negril because of the freedom they felt. For them it was paradise.

Negril has grown on its own to its modern form with little planning. Being a village, there is no Negril local government, no Mayor of Negril or town council. Once Negril gains Town status, we will have more control to plan our own future.

Our paradise will keep evolving on its own with all its imperfections, and hundreds of thousands of visitors will continue to make it their paradise.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Again PERFECTLY said!!! IMO!!! No ac, tv or wifi I'm good!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

I am always excited to share my limited knowledge of Negril but I always include: sometimes you won't have electricity, sometimes you won't have water let alone hot water and feel lucky if you have WIFI when you need it. And if you can live with that for several days then you'll love Negril.....

User Info Menu

I just got back a week ago and now counting down for next month I love Jamaica and the saying "You gotta go to know" is very accurate! Nothing in life is perfect and there's always room for improvement!

User Info Menu

Well said Flip. Agree 100%

User Info Menu

My boss told me yesterday that my face lights up every time I talk about Jamaica.

It's true!
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*