Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Just got back home....

User Info Menu

Re: Just got back home....

"Didn't see Pam Anderson" LOL!

User Info Menu

Thanks for checking in! Take care

User Info Menu

Next segment folks. You doing alright? Whaagwaan? SUNDAY FEB. 19: Up at 8:00. Last day at Merrills 2. Oh, by the way, we booked this place from Susan from Negrilonestop.com Thanks guys! Seastar to pick us up at 4:00 today to move there. Had breakfast etc. Deb started to pack up. Thanks Honey! Grabbed some "walkin' beers". Walked down to Sun Beach to say hello to the usual suspects, and that couple from Canada we keep running into every year. Kindred spirits man. They are staying at Rayon. Must ask them to show us the place. We all sat in the corner area close to Firefly. Ernie was there. No Skip. He might be taking a nap. lol.
    We left, and walked back to Merrills 3, and had another one of those cheeseburgers! {In paradise} The we slipped over to Drifter's. There was a boardie meeting planned. Who's in charge? lol. There was quite a few of negril.com folks. Rob + Lisa, Arleen etc. Fun meeting. Did anybody take notes or minutes? Gettin' close to leave, so we walked back to the resort to get picked up by Henry. He was a little late {half hour}. He had a airport pickup, two nice ladies from Chicago. They had needed "supplies", Henry stopped for them. It's OK mon'. We all get to Seastar. Kadesha & Kirk checked us in. We are in room #8, way back in the property, right next to a certain kids playground. Yay! Gave Kirk a cool T-shirt and a beer. Talked with Shakey, and gave him some new colored pencils & Spiderman book.
    We hung-out and had supper...fish fingers & chicken fingers, and hit the hay...time for bed. Yamon'
    MONDAY FEB. 20: Up at 8:00. Barbara, Clarol, & Chris the cook are here this morning. Had a good breakfast. Deb had French Toast. {her favorite}.
    More getting settled in , and later we went swimming in the nice pool. It gets hot right there about 11:30 or so. Later, we left to go the grocery store at the beginning of the land, on the road, to get some supplies. The Wisechoice market. "It's a WISE CHOICE"! Bought beer, Tastee cheese & crackers, & snacks. The Morris family is coming to visit on Wednesday. Then we did the Seastar Happy 2 hour. 3 to 5. Today's drink of choice..Coco-mania & pineapple juice! Tasty. Alvin... ALVIN!!!!! & Shanice are the bartenders.
    Alvin is always happy. Then we walked over to Rick's Cafe for people watching. It was packed. Didn't stay too long, and walked over to LTU Pub for some peace & quiet.
    Met LTU's owner, I told him I'd paint him a sign. Watched the awesome sunset from there, and walked back to Seastar. Lenbert & the one love bus came by. Whoop whoop!
    I think I heard the choir singing "Sweet Caroline". We had supper at Seastar. I had the jerk pork wrap,and Deb had the pot roast meal. Time for bed. It's 8:00!
    Tomorrow's another day, God willin' Yamon'

User Info Menu

Thank you for your report!

User Info Menu

Great reporting still,thanks for sharing and please keep it coming!

User Info Menu

You could save money on a room,hook up with some partiers,you get the room at night,they get it during the daylol,just kidding,enjoying your report!!

User Info Menu

Hey STRIPER...now that's a thought! Let's see, where are we at? TUESDAY FEB. 21: Up @ 7:30. Today we go to Calico Jack's at Half Moon Beach for a Pirate's party! ARRRGH!
    Had a nice breakfast with eggs, bacon, and home fries. In America, we call them American fries. Hung out with Shakey, by the pool. Swam etc. Then a Rastaman came by with some Morenga pods & seeds for a guest. I inquired about them, and he gave me some seeds to chew on. They are supposed to be good for you. It was a different taste that's for sure. Not bad, and then when you drink a glass of water after eating them, it really brings out the minty flavor in your mouth. Now, like James Brown said "I feel good!" We took the 11:00 shuttle to the beach. It was really hot and windy at the beach. We hung out at Sun Beach, and walked down to Dru's and Sunnyside for some cold Red Stripes.
    Then it was time for the shuttle to Half moon beach for the pirates party. ARRR! On the shuttle we were with a couple people and three 7 year old girls! 2 of them were Calico Jack's daughters and a Jamaican girl dressed in their school uniforms. Oh boy...they were full of life. They sang and joked around. Whew, we made it to half moon beach. We had never been there before. There was a wedding renewal planned for the afternoon. Pirate style. ARRR! We didn't have costumes, and ran into a couple from Canada who were staying in one of the "rustic" cabins there. They had an issue after their first night. Won't mention it, cause you might be squeamish.... The wedding was cool, the three little girls dressed in pirate's costumes sang "Three little birds" and then we ate lobster & salads. It was good. There was a band playing. Wasn't really a big crowd, Orbra was there. She's everywhere! We got a ride back to Seastar, and guess what? We went to bed! Tomorrow the Morris family {our JA family} comes to hang - out with us at Seastar. Hang on folks, more later....Yamon'

User Info Menu

WED. FEB. 22 : Hump day! Up at 7:00. Real quiet at this time of the day. Today our JA family comes to Seastar to see us. Our friends from Rosholt, South Dakota also come to Seastar to stay, but not til late. Breakfast time, with cheese omelets and home fries. The porridge is very sweet, but I put brown sugar on it anyway. I went for a walk to Lenbert's place, he has a second bus , with plans to get it ready soon to alleviate the crowded first bus. We just hung out, talked smart, some politics etc. Made reservations for the one love bus for Friday. Our friends Denny & Tami have never done the bus pub crawl/ride. Should be a good time. Left his place, walked back to Seastar, and hung out at the pool with Deb. Had a lite lunch, and got ready for Garnett & family to arrive sometime early afternoon. Kevin Sterling came by and picked up a keyboard for a wedding him and his band were doing that afternoon. Call him if this is something you'd be interested in for a wedding in Negril. I'll get his phone number to you. Garnett & family showed up about 2:00. Garnett, Camesha, Colleen and Carla {5}. We hung out by our room, the girls liked playing at Kiera's playground. {so did I yesterday} lol. We had beers, and Colleen likes Smirnoff Ice. Then we all went swimming at the pool. The girls really liked that. After some snacks, we walked over to Rick's Café, since they had never been there before. Rick's was packed. Watched the cliff jumpers, and tourists spending money like crazy.
    Then we left and walked over to LTU pub, a lot quieter. Had more beers, and watched the sunset, and walked back to Seastar for supper. We all ordered 'cept for Garnett {too many Red Stripes} had to go lay down for a while...oops. Might make for a long day at work tomorrow..dude. Kiera had a lot of fun playing with Carla & Colleen. A great meal was had at Seastar.
    It's about 9:00 said our goodbyes, got Garnett up and walked with them down the lane to the cliff road, flagged down a route taxi, and they were off to their home in Little London.
    A nice time was had, and boom, we went to bed..surprise surprise.....Denny & Tami still had not arrived yet... Thursday coming.. good night, Yamon'

User Info Menu

Early to bed, early to rise , you must be farmers in Minnesoooooota.... oh yah , hence the name....lol....... fun reading your report !!!

User Info Menu

may have to try one of those cheeseburgers you keep referring to. Never had one in JA.