Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Boat ride to Half Moon Bay

User Info Menu

Boat ride to Half Moon Bay

Years ago we took the Wild Thing on a day trip to Half Moon Bay. Is there any of the large catamaran boats going there now? If so how do we book a trip?

User Info Menu

Re: Boat ride to Half Moon Bay

Hey Capt. Oil, not sure about that, but last year my daughter and about 6 of her friends
    took that large boat that Myrna (lady with the big hat) runs to Booby Cay.
    She said it was wonderful.
    They stopped and snorkeled then went and had grilled Lobster on the Island.

Just thought I would throw that in for ya.

User Info Menu

Yes, catamarans still go to Half Moon Bay - but I'm not sure which ones. I was speaking with Tania the other day trying to figure out when we wanted to go - and we were trying to avoid catamaran days. Maybe check with Myrna? We'll be at Half Moon this week - I can check and let you know. When do you leave?

[/url]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
    Yes, catamarans still go to Half Moon Bay - but I'm not sure which ones. I was speaking with Tania the other day trying to figure out when we wanted to go - and we were trying to avoid catamaran days. Maybe check with Myrna? We'll be at Half Moon this week - I can check and let you know. When do you leave?
    Any chance Tania gave you a straight answer? Last time I asked she wouldn't tell me outright what days they were not there, so I have yet to go back as I like the place without the crowd.

User Info Menu

Jenn - we are in Negril April 15-23rd

Red Stripe cat from Myrna will not work for our group. We have some people with limited mobility who would have trouble getting on that boat. The larger cats have a drop down staircase for easy boarding etc....

User Info Menu

booger - it appears there are no cats on Thursdays. I will see this week and let you know!

Captain - I'll see what I can find out for you and update you since we are home well before you leave.

[/url]