Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Merril's

User Info Menu

Merril's

Hey everybody,

Has anybody stayed at Merril's III lately? Can't seem to find many recent reviews, and the ones I have found are pretty mixed. I can tell it's a smaller, older property with a nice beach.

We're not looking for anything too extravagant. The last two years we stayed at Rooms and Travellers and enjoyed them both. However, this year we've seen Merril's III priced very low and all inclusive. It also has a better beach than Travellers for those days we want to lounge closer to home.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

User Info Menu

Re: Merril's

Read the trip report on the thread "Just got back home"

User Info Menu

Sorry, I've only stayed at Merrill's II and loved it but I would think it would be pretty comparable....

User Info Menu

Duh, that helps. Thanks!

Yesihunt2, i'd love to hear your thoughts on Merril's II since guests are able to use both facilities. By the sounds of it the food is great.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jerms View Post
    Duh, that helps. Thanks!

Yesihunt2, i'd love to hear your thoughts on Merril's II since guests are able to use both facilities. By the sounds of it the food is great.
    I thought the food was fantastic.....a lot of variety....Much better then FH....our room backed Drifters bar so we had some good entertainment.....last year their music ended around 8pm but don't know about now so it didn't keep you up half the night. We never ate at Merrill's III but I hear it's also very good. It's the typical "free drinks from 10am-10pm" but after 10pm
    we were able to pour our own beer from the tap....I don't know if someone there figured that out and put a stop to it.

User Info Menu

Well that's enough of a nudge for me. Just booked!

Thanks for the insight.