Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hey-mon did you make it back to TB??

User Info Menu

Re: hey-mon did you make it back to TB??

Rumghoul,

thanks for your prompt replies, it must be a pretty ride from MoBay to TB. Having a driver makes a lot of sense, driving in JA is a challange. Thanks again for your info.

Regards,
    johng

User Info Menu

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1551
Size:  5.3 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1524
Size:  19.5 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1490
Size:  16.9 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1488
Size:  11.5 KBWe do the same with drivers.....when we are on holidays, we are on holidays. As my husband likes to say...."I drank all the red stripe and ate all the chickens!!!" Drinking all the red stripe negates the drive! In all honesty, the left hand drive throws us and we leave it to the experts. The drive from Treasure Beach to Montego Bay is beUtifully terrifying for me. I love the mountains but they do scare the living s&$@ out of me but I really do love it. I take pics but they cannot grab the beauty you see or the vibe you feel. I have felt torn that Negril has lost the lustre for me but Treasure Beach is what I remember falling in love with the first time round. That said....here are some more sideways pics...lol
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

Honestly, posting pics here is like a whole new vacation.....lol. This was a long walk from Frenchmans bay to Great Bay. Had a great game of dominos there.......almost won!!Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1449
Size:  10.9 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1452
Size:  15.7 KB
    Last edited by hey_mon; 03-16-2017 at 06:58 PM.
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

hey-mon, nice pictures especially the beach walk with the trademark hat!! Yes driving in Jamaica is an effort and the drivers there know the roads, the dangerous spots and the potholes. No need to rent a car if it isn't absolutely necessary.

I fully understand you and your husbands attraction to TB. The local residents work very hard to make sure you feel safe and have a great time hence your feelings about returning. Having said that Treasure Beach is still sort of a hidden gem. Very glad you guys had a great trip.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rumghoul View Post
    Our scales tipped several years ago - now just spend 9 days or so in TB. We were there in February - very quiet but always a great time.
    Hey Rumghoul, can I ask where you stayed this year? Years past? Always looking for new properties and new sights!
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

We started going to Jakes (back when it had four rooms I believe) - we split time between Negril and TB. Then we decided we could rent a place so we rented Villa Arcdia which we really enjoyed. Someone booked it for a month so we tried Terrazas (I don't believe it is a rental any more). Well, once I was on the water side I got spoiled. Terrazas was too big for two anyway (it was 3 br) so he next year we tried Villa Du Soleil - have been there the last four years and are booked for next year. The size is good for my husband and I (2 br 1 bath) and it has a veranda over the ocean which is really nice. We love Shantel (the cook) and Papa (Everton - the caretaker). Very good people - as most are in TB.

That must have been a long walk to Great Bay!!! We rent bikes (bicycles not motor) and went to Great Bay this year - we had never been there before. Pretty cool - as are most places in TB.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rumghoul View Post
    We started going to Jakes (back when it had four rooms I believe) - we split time between Negril and TB. Then we decided we could rent a place so we rented Villa Arcdia which we really enjoyed. Someone booked it for a month so we tried Terrazas (I don't believe it is a rental any more). Well, once I was on the water side I got spoiled. Terrazas was too big for two anyway (it was 3 br) so he next year we tried Villa Du Soleil - have been there the last four years and are booked for next year. The size is good for my husband and I (2 br 1 bath) and it has a veranda over the ocean which is really nice. We love Shantel (the cook) and Papa (Everton - the caretaker). Very good people - as most are in TB.

That must have been a long walk to Great Bay!!! We rent bikes (bicycles not motor) and went to Great Bay this year - we had never been there before. Pretty cool - as are most places in TB.
    If you didn't find it then; at the far end of Great Bay there is a trail up Pedro Bluff that is pretty awesome.

User Info Menu

We did not find it (but weren't really looking). Is it the stairway at the far end of Great Bay? I saw some stairs and a wooden rail but didn't check it out.

User Info Menu

Pedro Bluff Hike:

We will be at Lyric this December. Counting the days.

Name:  20161216_080321.jpg
Views: 1359
Size:  97.1 KB
    Name:  20161216_080357.jpg
Views: 1306
Size:  96.2 KB
    Name:  20161216_080441.jpg
Views: 1397
Size:  97.2 KB

User Info Menu

Spiff, Nice pictures!! Treasure Beach area is so cool!!