Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: hey-mon did you make it back to TB??

User Info Menu

hey-mon did you make it back to TB??

hey-mon,

Did you make it back to Treasure Beach this Feb-March?? How does it compare to last year?? Any photos and news would be great to see.

Positive Vibration

johng

User Info Menu

Re: hey-mon did you make it back to TB??

Hey Johng,

Just got back last night, 6 nights in Negril and 8 nights in Treasure Beach. Can you see the scales tipping here??? Negril was busy and Treasure Beach was relaxed, wonderful and easy on the pocketbook. We stayed at a villa at the end of Old Wharf Rd called Villa Optima. Beautiful location on Calabash Bay overlooking the water and able to swim there. Waters are a little rougher but the views were spectacular. Our friends stayed at your old haunt, Sunsetand they had the upstairs suite they shared with another couple of friends. Loved the location, views and raved about Cory and his staff. We ate at Diner Delicious, Jack Sprats, Frenchmans, Jakes, and of course Smurfs for breakfast one day, although it was a 45 minute walk it was worth every hot minute!!! We had a couple of fantastic girls that cooked up a storm for us with all the traditional dishes, mackerel rundown, callaloo and salt fish, brown stew chicken, curried shrimp, dumpling, bammy, etc so ate more meals in than out. People still ask how you are as opposed to whatcantheysell you and are genuinely interested in hearing about us and sharing their stories. Love the relaxed vibe, and am already planning next years trip. Two weeks in Treasure Beach but woul like to start with one week in the Portland area and then come to Treasure Beach via the east coast as we have not seen that area as yet. Will put some pics up once I finish my up of Blue Mountain coffee laced with Sangsters......the only way to ease back into reality till next years trek����
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

hey-mon,

Thanks for your update and it sounds like you had a great time. Glad to hear that you found a nice spot for yourself at Villa Optima and that your friends had fun at Sunset. To have cooks do their thing is great especially in TB with all the fresh fish.

I have two friends from Germany that are going to TB next week and staying for a week at Jakes and then a week in Negril. Looking forward to their impressions as first time visitors to JA.

Let me know next year as you plan your trip including Portland as I have some friends in the mountains there if you fancy some cool times (literally) and fresh Blue Mountain Coffee.

Please do post some photos of your trip if you find the time.

Best,
    johng

User Info Menu

Ready for some TB action mon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

HTML Code:
    [PHP][/PHP]
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1834
Size:  15.7 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1827
Size:  19.2 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1872
Size:  20.0 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1764
Size:  14.0 KB

We rented Villa Optima in Treasure Beach and it was fantastic. Three bedrooms all with their own full washrooms, big living area, well stocked kitchen with two beautiful girls from the area that could cook up a storm. They did the shopping and we paid for the groceries. That was one of my favorite parts of the holiday, no cooking!!! We were right across the street from the beach at the end of Old Wharf Rd and also had our own pool. We ate in most days as the girls cooked two meals a day for us, but we still managed to eat at Smurfs, Delicious Diner, Frenchmans, Jack sprats, and Jakes!!! We walked from our place to Smurfs, 45 minutes each way so zero calories consumed that breakfast, and actually walked from Frenchmans Bay to Great Bay on a regular basis, stopping to swim, grab a cold beer or play a game of dominos or two! So much to see, weather was perfect and the people are so genuine in Treasure Beach. Saw a lot of repeat visitors from last year also. Weather was hot hot hot and enjoyed lobster at Frenchmans, beef stew at Delicious Diner, Lobster Pizza at Jack Sprats and Peppered Chicken at Jakes. Also enjoyed mackerel rundown, callaloo omelettes with bacon and jerk sausages, dumpling, breakfast biscuits, chicken soup, salads and fruit plates daily, pancakes, eggs, pork stew, jerk chicken, curried shrimp, brown chicken stew......oh how I miss Trudy and Shanique and the aromas from the kitchen.
    Last edited by hey_mon; 03-14-2017 at 07:45 PM.
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

Why are my pics sideways....��
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

hey-mon,

Thanks so much for the pics and the write up. Sideways doesn't matter as I get the picture so not to worry on your end!! It looks like Villa Optima was Optimal, how many people stayed with you?? I checked Optima on-line and it seems like an awesome spot. TB is such a nice area and positive vibe. I first visited there in 1981 but didn't stay over just stopped there on a road trip. Needless to say it was very quiet there but it has matured nicely since due to the local community working together to keep it as nice as possible. The Sports Park is quite a good idea and it has brought it many different sports teams from tennis, cricket, soccer, basketball and even baseball to work out and train there. I also understand that it is a popular Yoga destination in TB also. All in all a wonderful place!!

As I mentioned I have friends from Germany (a couple) headed to TB Saturday and after 6 nights heading to Negril. I haven't said too much about the differences in style and I am interested in their feedback as far as experience goes. For them it is strictly a chill trip with laying out and totally relaxing to re charge their batteries. I'll be sure and let you know how their trip turned out in a couple weeks time.

Thanks again for the pics and if you have more to share it would be great and appreciated.

Irie,
    johng

User Info Menu

Our scales tipped several years ago - now just spend 9 days or so in TB. We were there in February - very quiet but always a great time.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

User Info Menu

Rumghoul, very nice pictures and beautiful property!! I live in New England and we just got a foot of snow yesterday, I wish so much I could be down in TB.

How long a ride is it from the airport in MoBay to TB in time?? I usually fly into Kingston and drive the new highway until Mandeville and then the smaller road down to TB about 3.5 hours or so.

hey-mon, please post more pictures if you have any, it doesn't matter sideways or not.

Thanks you all!!

johng

User Info Menu

I live in Mid-Michigan - we got a dusting of snow but very cold. Mobay airport to TB about 2-2.5 hours depending on the route and traffic - we always stop in Black River at the grocery store to stock up. We use Treasure Tours, we don't drive ourselves.