Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue Cave Castle Feedback

User Info Menu

Blue Cave Castle Feedback

Thinking about booking there possibly penthouse. Has anyone stayed here? Is there a functional resteraunt inservice? Any feedback appreciated.

User Info Menu

Re: Blue Cave Castle Feedback

I've stayed there twice. The first time (2014) the restaurant was open, the second time (2015) it was not. Not sure what the current status is. It's a fun and unique place. The first time I was solo, the second was with a group of six. Both times, I felt as if I had the place to myself/ourselves. Sitting in the courtyard at night watching for shooting stars and the moonrise/set is beautiful.

User Info Menu

I have stayed there many times. There is no restaurant anymore, though I have heard that they have some food available (I haven't been since they shut down last year). The penthouse is cool, but there are a TON of steps to get up there, and they're steep.
    Last edited by TAH; 03-13-2017 at 05:19 PM.

User Info Menu

100 steps to be exact!

User Info Menu

We heard there was a new bar and restaurant. So last month I stopped in to check it out. The guard said they now have a bar and restaurant but neither is open at the time (this was at noon). He remembered me from previous stays so he let me take a look around. Took this pic of the bar. Penthouse is great.
    Name:  BCC Bar.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  98.4 KB
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

They will be closing April 1 and re-opening late November.

User Info Menu

Many fond memories memories of our stays at BCC. Only the third or four resorts/apartments that I've stayed in the past 33 years of trips to Negril.

However, we got into a crowded route taxi last week to catch the Overtakers at Canoe and the former manager, Petrona, was in the front passenger seat. It was great to see her, if ever so briefly, but after being laid off last year she still hasn't found a permanent job. The choices Susan has made the past few years mystifies most of us who have been longtime guests. Best wishes to Petrona. Respect --Marblehead
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

Unless something has changed, be aware that the Penthouse does not have AC. I stayed there in July a few years back and was miserable. I ended up checking out early and moving to place that had AC. I believe Teddy the chef is now at Treehouse.

User Info Menu

The bar looks good. Do you know which guard it was that let you in? I'm just curious who is still around, I haven't been there since all of the changes.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    The bar looks good. Do you know which guard it was that let you in? I'm just curious who is still around, I haven't been there since all of the changes.
    Sorry TAH, his name slips my mind.
    Peace, Todd & Cher