Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Departure Day Blues??!!

User Info Menu

Departure Day Blues??!!

Ok, so we always talk about Arrival day, what's your day like on Departure day? Happy, Emotional, Stressed, Regretful, Don't Want to leave?
    What made me think of this is a good friend that leaves tomorrow and she texted me "I just pulled out my suitcase and I'm in tears" as she had to pack I felt her pain! LOL!

For me I use to get emotional and don't want to do anything my last full day but I've been pretty good lately and of course I don't want to leave I usually solve that issue on my flight home by searching for my next reach! LOL
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

Re: Departure Day Blues??!!

No blues here. Just get on the plane.

Usually be back in 10 weeks or so. Except this time it will be five weeks for boardie bash.

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Interesting... it's definitely changed over the years... I remember having to leave the day after the ziggy/ maxipriest concert at Samsara in the mid 90s.... I was so bummed... it was my second trip and I had fallen in love with negril even more than the first time...fast forward a few years, I'm usually very content and relaxed day of departure... with all the friends, all the laughs, all the booze, all the sunsets, all the everything....etc etc. ... I can't help but to feel incredibly relaxed, content and quite frankly, complete by the Time I go. Since every trip always seems to top the previous one , I can't see that streak ending any time soon. I remember seeing Jojo in line at the gate after we had said our goodbyes after the Bash last April at Woodstock... it was bittersweet... we laughed again when we saw each other....it's much more of a grin than a frown when I leave nowadays .... I really don't desire to go anywhere other than Negril when I get a chance to travel.... I know I must be getting close if I wrote this much!!!! See you all next month

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bostonguy823 View Post
    Interesting... it's definitely changed over the years... I remember having to leave the day after the ziggy/ maxipriest concert at Samsara in the mid 90s.... I was so bummed... it was my second trip and I had fallen in love with negril even more than the first time...fast forward a few years, I'm usually very content and relaxed day of departure... with all the friends, all the laughs, all the booze, all the sunsets, all the everything....etc etc. ... I can't help but to feel incredibly relaxed, content and quite frankly, complete by the Time I go. Since every trip always seems to top the previous one , I can't see that streak ending any time soon. I remember seeing Jojo in line at the gate after we had said our goodbyes after the Bash last April at Woodstock... it was bittersweet... we laughed again when we saw each other....it's much more of a grin than a frown when I leave nowadays .... I really don't desire to go anywhere other than Negril when I get a chance to travel.... I know I must be getting close if I wrote this much!!!! See you all next month
    Hi Boston!!! whaagwaan!
    I totally understand I guess being content would have a lot to do with how many days you've been there although I go frequently most my trips are short 5-6days and April (My Bday month) is when I stay the longest 9days so during this time I'm usually ready to go LOL
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

I always hope it will be raining and miserable the day I leave. Normally, though, it's gorgeous. It is not so much the thought of leaving that bothers me as much as the thought of going home to snow and freezing temperatures.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    No blues here. Just get on the plane.

Usually be back in 10 weeks or so. Except this time it will be five weeks for boardie bash.

Cap
    I love Linston and you and Miss G, but now you're pushing my buttons! 10 weeks? And there's a raging blizzard outside. Have mercy on us, Cap!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    I always hope it will be raining and miserable the day I leave. Normally, though, it's gorgeous. It is not so much the thought of leaving that bothers me as much as the thought of going home to snow and freezing temperatures.
    Yeah, SLP - feeling it now! Raging blizzard out there! Hope your doing OK in the nation's capital tonight. It's gonna be a "Dude, where's my car?" morning tomorrow for sure!
    The wind has kept the cars visible ... so far ... but apparently it will be a long and snowy night.

I want my toes in white sand ... not white snow!

Why do we live in a place where the air hurts our faces? Why, SLP?

User Info Menu

captaind - living the dream!!!

User Info Menu

M &G - I can't see the left side of my car! It will take me a long time to dig out and I do have to go out today. On the other side, I will soon be back in Negril.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    We left yesterday....rained a lot on Wednesday night and was windy and raining yesterday when we left. Rained all the way to Mo Bay. Made it a bit easier to leave knowing that I wasn't missing much on the beach that day! However...I'm already working on our dates for next year!

[/url]