Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mo bay to Portland then Portland to negril

User Info Menu

Re: Mo bay to Portland then Portland to negril

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    Portland to Negril. Us $1,200.00 one way
    Portland to Montero bay. US $980.00 one way
    Montero bay to Portland US $1,960.00 total round trip
    this is from air link .
    i think tim air is similar
    Hooooweeee...those prices are something else...unless you can write them off through business.
    Last time Rob and I flew across the island, it was $150us (special) for both of us...I think it was in early 2015. Unfortunately that won't happen again...I have to take the Knutsford bus now if I don't take my car...
    I think helicopter is cheaper also...something to check into?
    Last edited by Bnewb; 03-18-2017 at 10:16 PM.

User Info Menu

prices for air are hard for me to believe also.
    i did look at the knutsford web site and as long as it is Jamaica dollars it is very reasonable. i will also check into a private ride and helicopter
    thank you

User Info Menu

It is true, pretty steep. Confirmed $1200US for two passengers ($600/passenger) one way from Port Antonio to Negril. Once in a lifetime?

User Info Menu

I just had the same apprx quote for PA to Negril and slightly less for MBY to PA but WOW, I can fly first class from the Midwest to MBJ for those prices - ouch

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rastaron View Post
    I just had the same apprx quote for PA to Negril and slightly less for MBY to PA but WOW, I can fly first class from the Midwest to MBJ for those prices - ouch
    Absolutely right - actually a bit higher cost than from ORD to MBJ - rockstar service, kind of cool but maybe would get lonely... Both flights we took on TimAir were the same basic propeller plane - pilot and co-pilot up front then our two seats and a cramped 5th seat behind our row - on one of the flights there was a TimAir employee behind us, the other it was just us on our personal aerial tour over the mountains and beauty of Jamaica - and you still get the pothole bumping feeling when you hit the air pockets.

Besides the guy sweeping the runway at Ken Jones in Port Antonio and the gate agent that drove in, we were the only people at that airfield.