Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soup

User Info Menu

Soup

OK,I need to know who has the best soup in Negril.The pumpkin soup at both LTU and Seastar is outstanding.I go to Cabo every now and then and the seafood soup in Mexico is unbelievable.Pictures would be nice.

User Info Menu

Re: Soup

Cook shop in front of Whistling Bird cannot be beat for price/service. $280J for a big mannish wata and the red bean/pumpkin chicken is rad too. no pix tho

User Info Menu

Cosmo's conch and red bean soups are terrific!
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

Have to agree with Cosmos also...Red pea and pig tail...

Name:  P3041344sm.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  33.5 KB

User Info Menu

"Best of the West" has excellent conch soup, too.

User Info Menu

I don't have picture of the soup but I do have a pic of the seller and a story... On one of our first trips to Negril about 12 years ago when we were staying at Kuyaba we bought soup from a gentlemen selling his soup from his bike. loved it! We believed it was conch soup.. Looked for him every year and never saw him again.. fast forward to our trip last August.. we saw him down by the roundabout and were thrilled to have his soup again.. Made our day! We took it back with us to the Spa Retreat( where we were staying for a few days) and had it along with some fish tacos at their restaurant. The waitress there said she loved the COW SKIN soup from man on the bike. Not sure if we were eating conch or cow skin! haha! but either way it was delicious and the ingenuity of the soup to go on a bike is one of the many things that we love about Negirl.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Info Menu

Dang! Not sure why its sideways. First attempt at posting pics and this happens... haha

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shell View Post
    I don't have picture of the soup but I do have a pic of the seller and a story... On one of our first trips to Negril about 12 years ago when we were staying at Kuyaba we bought soup from a gentlemen selling his soup from his bike. loved it! We believed it was conch soup.. Looked for him every year and never saw him again.. fast forward to our trip last August.. we saw him down by the roundabout and were thrilled to have his soup again.. Made our day! We took it back with us to the Spa Retreat( where we were staying for a few days) and had it along with some fish tacos at their restaurant. The waitress there said she loved the COW SKIN soup from man on the bike. Not sure if we were eating conch or cow skin! haha! but either way it was delicious and the ingenuity of the soup to go on a bike is one of the many things that we love about Negirl.
    I don't know his real name but we call him Soupy. I have his number and always call him to catch him on the street to get some of his delicious soup.....red pea soup with conch and extra dumplings!

User Info Menu

I caught the same man one time.
    Got a small. Went to my room veranda and ate it.
    Delicious!!
    It was definitely Conch.
    So mad I did not get a bigger size.

User Info Menu

A few years back there was an old Rasta on the West End Road south of Mary's Bay who set up shop late at night. He sold Red Pea Soup and Porridge soup. Both were excellent.