Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Take this job and shove it! Retired once again onward to Negril!

User Info Menu

Re: Take this job and shove it! Retired once again onward to Negril!

I always had a hard time deciding what to wear to work. So for my last day, I went with comfy, casual. We had abolished our dress code totally anyway.

Name:  Maggie's last day at work.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  92.9 KB

And slippers!

Oh. Come. On! Tell me you haven't always wanted to do that!

I don't know how to unsideways it. Sorry about that ....
    Last edited by M&G Montreal; 03-26-2017 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Double upload of the phote.

User Info Menu

Love it! Congrats to you recently retired folks! I'm 13 years out....and counting.

[/url]

User Info Menu

Did the exact same thing last May. After 37 years at the same place, walked out the door for the last time and never looked back. Two weeks later the wife and I were celebrating on the cliffs at Xtabi. Congrats, do things on your own terms and in your own time!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by M&G Montreal View Post
    I always had a hard time deciding what to wear to work. So for my last day, I went with comfy, casual. We had abolished our dress code totally anyway.

Name:  Maggie's last day at work.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  92.9 KB

And slippers!

Oh. Come. On! Tell me you haven't always wanted to do that!

I don't know how to unsideways it. Sorry about that ....
    I like it! I wish I were that creative!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGong View Post
    17 years of government service for me, 13 to go, then I move somewhere warm permanently or seasonal. Wife is a government employee so with two pensions plus our investments we should be able to winter in Jamaica every year. That's our plan at least.

Congratulations to you, enjoy it!
    Yeah, that is basically what we have done. We sold the Boss Lady's business in Ohio last year, and we moved to Florida. She started a smaller much more easily managed version of her old business here. I worked for a bit but it harshed the vibe big time, but was necessary until she got up and running and we got settled. Our plan now is to continue to work our business and get it more solid and just due our three vacations a year for awhile. Our ultimate plan in 5 to 10 years is to be able to do the months of Jan thru March in Jamaica and the rest of the year in Florida. We don't ever see ourselves as full timers, but you never know!

User Info Menu

Unemployment isn't the problem. Unemployment is the solution! Too many people and not enough jobs. I retired at 5pm April 30, 2014 as I walked out of my retirement party just 54 days and 34 years after starting. I don't miss it!
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.