Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Shauna (marley9808) & Raul's (ralonzo29) 1st Anniversary in Jamaica *Trip Report*

User Info Menu

Cocktail Beach
    Name:  CocktailBeach.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  99.0 KB

Frenchman's Cove
    Name:  fc.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  83.7 KB

Our bamboo raft tour with our captain Gary
    Name:  br.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  100.4 KB

And no worries, if you get thirsty while on your bamboo raft tour....they have floating bars, ya mon!
    Name:  brb.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  98.9 KB

User Info Menu

Great start! I just LOVE Jetblue! I'm flying them out of Orlando in December as well...they have become my new favorite airline...you get to check your first bag free, they have individual TV's on each seat back WITH DirectTV so you can listen to reggae on the music channel AND they have really good cookies! What else can you ask for? lol.
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

DAY THREE (October 8, 2011):

Slept in a bit this day as we were both still pretty tired from our full day yesterday and all the fun we had. Woke up and had breakfast. On the list for the day was Mystic Mountain! We originally were planning on maybe heading into town for a little shopping or walking around and then hitting up Mystic Mountain in the afternoon. So we were wondering how late they were open so we could make our plans. I looked up the number and called. They had a recording that told me they were open 9am-5pm. Woah, 5pm that's not real late, I guess we should go there first then. So we call our ride and we are off. We get to Mystic Mountain around 10am and walk up to the ticket office. There is no one at the window but there is a waiver form to sign (your life away) and so we sign....but now we are just standing there....um.....Hello? Anyone? There is no bell to ring for service so we are not really sure what to do. Then someone comes from behind the building and she tells us they are not open yet. Um, ok. It's a little after 10 and the recording says they open at 9. So she explains that sometimes they open later when there is no cruise ship at port. So when WILL you be open, I ask. And she says, 11am. I look at my watch and that is in about 45 minutes so I said ok, well when do you close, and she says 5pm but if you want to ride everything you need to be here no later than 3. I said ok well we will be back at 11am then and of course to that she says....well maybe closer to 11:15! Ha....only in Jamaica!
    So we leave and just head down the road to Island Village and Margaritaville. There are some shops and places there so we walk around and do a little shopping. We head back to Mystic Mountain around noon and they are open! Yay!
    We get our tickets and head in. The only way up to the mountain and all the attractions is by riding the Sky Explorer which is basically just a chair lift that carries you up the mountain to the top.....but boy does it give you some nice views of the coast and of the rainforest. Speaking of rain forest.....on our way up it starts to rain....and of course now we are on a chairlift halfway up the mountain what can we do but sit there and get rained on (AGAIN...is this some sort of theme?) It probably wouldnt have been too bad if the chairlift wasnt so slow, long and oh....towards the end they stop so they can take your picture and the sign says look up and smile. So here we are, Raul and I sitting on the chair lift in the pouring, wet, cold, rain, stopped and looking at a camera trying to smile! We must have sat there for 5 minutes (though it felt like 30 minutes) at some point I just said, forget this, I cant look up and smile anymore I dont even know if they have taken the photo or not but I dont care, just get this thing moving so I can get out of the rain! And here we are again, in Jamaica, and FREEZING! So it finally starts moving and we get to the top and get off. You are then immediately in the small little museum about Jamaican culture, history and events. The woman greets us and tells us the camera isn't working so they didnt get our picture to which I laugh! She then welcomes us to the rainforest to which I say, yes, rainforest, we have already experienced the rainforest and she looks at us and laughs.
    There are 3 attractions at Mystic Mountain. The Sky Explorer (which we just rode and is the only way up and down from the mountain), the Jamaican Bobsled ride which is like an alpine sled ride if you are familiar, and the zipline. We purchased what they call the tranopy which is a ticket to do all three attractions. At the top of the mountain they also have a gift shop, a restaurant, a bar, an infinity pool and a waterslide....also, some pretty killer views.
    So we head first to the bobsled. OMG these are fun and they are soooooooooooooooo fast! What a rush! I wanted to ride it like 10 more times, too much fun. After the bobsled we took a pause to go get some drinks at the bar, delicious! The whole place is really cool and the staff is friendly and fun. We walked around and took some pictures and then we went over to get ready for the zipline. Our guides came over and put our harnesses on us and gave us helmets and gloves. Then we were off into the rainforest. We had two guides and let me tell you these guys were a trip, they were having a good time and so were we!
    There are several ziplines, 3 or 4 total. Our guides give us a brief instruction and then one heads off to the next platform to wait for us. Next they send Raul, then me, then the next guide follows. The guys are jokesters and keep trying to play tricks on us like waiting for us to take off and then yelling "Oh no, wait wait!" Pranksters! But we all have a good time....that is until we get to the vertical drop line. When we got there, there was already another large group on that platform that we had caught up to, probably about 10 people or so, so when the 4 of us landed on that platform you can imagine it was a tight squeeze. Our guides heckle their guides and say we are going to overtake them because we have a bus to catch. So our guide takes off and then our other guide does and then one of their guides does. At this point I am thinking, hey wait, who is going to tell me what to do here, but then the other groups guide locks me on and tells me to just let go.....umm, well I just saw the 3 of them go down quite leisurely so I say ok why not and before I could finish that thought he let go and I was free-falling (not nearly as fun as the Tom Petty song makes it out to be) I screamed my head off and everyone laughed.....so I guess overtaking that large group wasnt such a great idea afterall (at least for me)! Then we were off to the last and longest zipline....we had so much fun! Once you go down the zipline though your only way is off the mountain. You catch the Sky Explorer after the zipline and you head back to the entrance, so you want to make sure you do the zipline last.
    But we had so much fun at Mystic Mountain, I will definitely go back, can't wait to ride that bobsled again! LOL

After our adventures at the Mystic Mountain, we worked up quite the hunger so we decided to head to Scotchies for some jerk pork! YUM! And it definitely didn't disappoint!

Now we head back to the hotel, we were really looking forward to some time in the pool and another nice sunset. And well maybe some drinks too

Tomorrow, day 4 -On our way to Negril and our last day as newlyweds!

The Sky Explorer up to Mystic Mountain
    Name:  SE.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  97.3 KB

Jamaican Bobsleds!!!!
    Name:  sbs.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  98.5 KB

Name:  bs.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  93.2 KB

Name:  bs2.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  96.9 KB

Pool and slide
    Name:  mm2.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  98.0 KB

Mystic Mountain Lookout Tower
    Name:  mm.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  92.6 KB

View of our resort from the top of the mountain
    Name:  view2.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  91.1 KB

View of Ochi from the top of Mystic Mountain
    Name:  view.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  99.1 KB

Scotchies!
    Name:  scotchies2.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  97.2 KB

Mmmmmm Jerk Pork!
    Name:  scotchies.JPG
Views: 507
Size:  91.7 KB

User Info Menu

wow love this thanks~

User Info Menu

Am loving your trip report, those pics are amazing, and thanks for taking me "along for the ride" so to speak.

User Info Menu

Loving your trip report and pics.. Blue Lagoon is amazing!!! Would love to go one day.

User Info Menu

Hey Marley,
    Killer trip report. I need to get my Catcha pics up before you do! LOL. Sommerset Falls looks amazing. Thanks for the pics.

User Info Menu

We normally stay in Duncan's (north coast in Trelawny). So we are quite familiar with Glistening Waters and Mystic Mountain. Love both places! That bobsled ride is amazing.

Love the trip report. Can't wait til you get to Negril.

User Info Menu

Well Booger.....you better hurry up.....this afternoon will be Day 4 and that means our arrival at CATCHA!!!!!!!!!
    hehehehehehehe

Lola, Negrilaholic, Sandy-girl! Glad you are liking it and thanks for coming along on the ride!

Reggae Roy we really had a good time at both places too, I would go back for sure in a heartbeat!!

User Info Menu

I have tried to do the Glistening waters thing twice, both times never left the bar in the restaurant, imagine that!
    Trip #59 most of February