Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: BYOB restaurants

User Info Menu

BYOB restaurants

I was reading that Sweet Spice is BYOB; any others closer to CocoLapalm?

User Info Menu

Re: BYOB restaurants

Sweet Spice offers wine but no other alcohol...including beer.
    The only other place I can think of is Sip & Bites in the West End...had to go buy our beer elsewhere...but that was years ago and may have changed.

User Info Menu

We were at Sips & Bites last week I always buy beer next door at the little grocery and bring it in with me.
    mmmmm curried goat.

User Info Menu

i doubt sips n bites will ever sell alcohol- they're devout seveth day adventists.

my husband won't drink when we eat there, out of respect for the ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Sweet Spice offers wine but no other alcohol...including beer.
    The only other place I can think of is Sip & Bites in the West End...had to go buy our beer elsewhere...but that was years ago and may have changed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mwenvlay View Post
    i doubt sips n bites will ever sell alcohol- they're devout seveth day adventists.

Both Sweet Spice and Sips & Bites are Adventists...I didn't see the point of sharing their religion...but either way both properties have no problem with someone bringing in their own alcohol...they'll even recommend where to get it. Yummy food options at either restaurant and many bar options nearby if you choose not to drink until after you leave.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mwenvlay View Post

Learn something new every day......I never knew why they didn't serve alcohol and assumed it was b/c of some kind of licensing. I will respect it next time and not BYOB.

User Info Menu

they also close early on fridays and saturdays, because they're seventh day adventists.

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Both Sweet Spice and Sips & Bites are Adventists...I didn't see the point of sharing their religion...but either way both properties have no problem with someone bringing in their own alcohol...they'll even recommend where to get it. Yummy food options at either restaurant and many bar options nearby if you choose not to drink until after you leave.
    Last edited by mwenvlay; 03-28-2017 at 02:38 PM.

User Info Menu

My wife always get the sorrel tea when we are there. One of the ladies admits that her father puts a touch of rum in his at Christmas time.