Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ganja in April

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Re: Ganja in April

9 months....not even up here... does it take that long.... sunlight rules

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jerms View Post
    How's the variety in April? I've been in March and it was great! Purple Haze, Pineapple Kush... But since then I've only been in November twice and January twice and there wasn't much in terms of huge differences in strains available. I've been told that Spring is a better time for harvesting. Is that true?
    depends on when it was planted....try before u buy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JDd View Post
    9 months....not even up here... does it take that long.... sunlight rules
    "Sativa is a 9 month grow whereas Indica only takes 3 months. More production for more
    demand"

Cap, you provide some amazing insight, however this simply is just not true. A landrace Sativa does take a bit longer to flower than the usual Indica, however it is a matter of weeks and not months. The yield of Indica's is what drove the flip from the solid Sativa's out there.

You can get 2-4 crops per year in Jamaica with the consistent weather. The big issue with herb in Jamaica is the great majority is grown outdoor and is subject to the environment and pollination. It only takes a male in the general vicinity to disrupt an entire grow, hence the vast amount of hermie bud with seeds.

If you want some solid bud it is out there, just not on the beach. Orange Hill is a good start, after that you just need to know a good source, no different than any other place in the world. Most regulars I know bring their own. Flowers being the biggest risk, oils and edibles the easiest. If you burn daily you likely will be disappointed with the usual tourist weed offered on the beach.

Regarding purple bud, it does not always turn purple, and with the lack of cold it comes harder.

Good luck to all on finding some decent herb to enjoy.

User Info Menu

Booger,

Thanks for the information. Not being a grower myself or living in a state where it's legal my knowledge is mostly hearsay.

Can you PM me. I'd like to talk further

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Wish there was a reliable way of finding the Lambsbread of the early 70's

User Info Menu

There are some pure sativas out there that take 16-24 weeks to be ready to harvest, so that's getting pretty close to 6 months.

It really all depends on the lineage of the seed(s).

You can get plants that will be ready in as little as 6-7 weeks (indicas) to the sativas like I described before that could take up to 16-24 weeks.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Are there any places that sell sativas? I remember seeing pictures of bars along the One Love crawl route that had a "menu" of sorts, but can't recall if it was mostly edibles. Ideally, I'd like to make my own coconut oil while out there so I know the potency.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jerms View Post
    Are there any places that sell sativas? I remember seeing pictures of bars along the One Love crawl route that had a "menu" of sorts, but can't recall if it was mostly edibles. Ideally, I'd like to make my own coconut oil while out there so I know the potency.
    Sir D's had a menu with "Lambs Bread" on it and also had pre-rolled spliffs for sale.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JDd View Post
    seeds and lumber
    Uh, no. I don't buy seeds and lumber bro.