Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ganja in April

User Info Menu

Ganja in April

How's the variety in April? I've been in March and it was great! Purple Haze, Pineapple Kush... But since then I've only been in November twice and January twice and there wasn't much in terms of huge differences in strains available. I've been told that Spring is a better time for harvesting. Is that true?

User Info Menu

Re: Ganja in April

Quote Originally Posted by Jerms View Post
    How's the variety in April? I've been in March and it was great! Purple Haze, Pineapple Kush... But since then I've only been in November twice and January twice and there wasn't much in terms of huge differences in strains available. I've been told that Spring is a better time for harvesting. Is that true?
    Ah but are these truly the strains they have, or are they just saying names they think people want to hear? One guy showed me "purple skunk" one trip and there was no purple on it whatsoever.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

yeah, i'd say 99.99999 of the people listing strain names are full of it in Jamaica. This isn't a Denver dispensary....99.5 percent of the weed i've smoked in jamaica, and its been more than my fair share....has been indistinguishable from batch to batch. once in awhile, you may happen across something truly exceptional, but only once or twice have i scored weed i thought ws comparable to what i get here in the states on a regular basis. Sure, some might be a bit greener than others, but in the end, it all basically smokes the same in my experience, and the prices make smoking all day every day a viable alternative, wheres it would be a 400 dollar a day habit to do so here LOL

User Info Menu

That's been my experience when I've been down in the Winter. Everyone has a name for their product, but it's usually all very similar. However, the one time I came in March there was definitely some very different strains around. And the purple haze was very purple. I'm not really worried about the potency since the strength of it in Jamaica is not like the hydro stuff back home. Moreso just variety in taste, aroma, smoke, etc.

User Info Menu

I didn't want to be the one to bring this up, but since the cat is out of the bag; what going rate for a 1/4 oz?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mcamp View Post
    I didn't want to be the one to bring this up, but since the cat is out of the bag; what going rate for a 1/4 oz?
    You can get a real nice stalk/bud for $20 or less. They'll start asking for a lot higher. Just negotiate to where you feel comfortable.

I've heard of prices of $100 for a pound if you have the right connections. Or $80 for a half pound from another person.

As with anything in Jamaica YMMV (a lot!)

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

I'm a daily smoker, but a pound in a week???

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMoose View Post
    Ah but are these truly the strains they have, or are they just saying names they think people want to hear? One guy showed me "purple skunk" one trip and there was no purple on it whatsoever.

~Moose
    Purple Skunk is a staple in Westmoreland, very common, so it probably was exactly that. Anything they're calling "kush", is just saying a name people want to hear. Pineapple is getting pretty common down there too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mcamp View Post
    Depends. As little as $5, or as much as $50. Depends on your negotiating ability, and who and where you're getting it. I usually get a QP, and pay around $50 for that, which is still a tourist price, locals can get a pound for $50.

User Info Menu

That's why i love Jamaica....@TAH a pound for $50