Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best place to spend the day on Seven Mile Beach?

User Info Menu

Re: Best place to spend the day on Seven Mile Beach?

My advice: Don't pick one spot.....beach crawl
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

awww yeah, that's right!

thanks so much.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinInThe603 View Post
    Sunny side

User Info Menu

First choice is Alfred's for the reasons JoJo listed, Second is Margaritaville where the loungers and umbrellas are free and you pick your spot (just tip the guys who set you up). They also play music and sometimes games. Great people watching spot. Food & drinks are expensive so I would go elsewhere for eats. That will give you the opp to stroll the beach.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TizzyATX View Post
    My advice: Don't pick one spot.....beach crawl
    Hey Tizzy! Priceless advice.

User Info Menu

Do a two day Death March ........... find a place mid beach like Sun Beach or CCLP ..... flip a bottle cap ........... heads you go south, tails you go north ............. one drink or beer at every place till you get to the end of the beach ........... next time repeat but go in the other direction ......... good luck

User Info Menu

Hi Tizzy, Nice to see your post. Going back some years ago the beach crawl was a daily event. At that time you could walk from the river all the way to Rutland Point without any fences or obstacles. But I do agree with Cap, Cosmo's has always been a great spot. Back then just a round thatched roof bar & restaurant, my favorite being the conch soup and a couple cold Red Stripes!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    Hi Tizzy, Nice to see your post. Going back some years ago the beach crawl was a daily event. At that time you could walk from the river all the way to Rutland Point without any fences or obstacles. But I do agree with Cap, Cosmo's has always been a great spot. Back then just a round thatched roof bar & restaurant, my favorite being the conch soup and a couple cold Red Stripes!!
    Yeah, Cosmo's is probably the closest you'll find on the beach to the "old Negril" (though I have never experienced Negril as it used to be). But also agree with Tizzy, you need to explore a bit. I'd start at Cosmo's, then hop a route taxi to M'Ville to enter the beach, turn left and stroll.

User Info Menu

My guess is the OP is looking for a great 'home base'', where they can lay out there chairs, and stuff, and settle in and get comfortable for a nice relaxing day on the beach, once settled, they
    can always leave do some strolling around. Another thing, when I went to Alfreds to go swim out to there dock, the bartenders were more than happy to watch my bag with key, money, etc, so I wouldn't just have to leave them laying around, that is as long as you were buying food or drink, plus a little tip !!

User Info Menu

I think you should take everyone's advice and try them all ... add in Charela,though and few other so we can have a true trend and census - and report back to us. Never had a bad day at the beach!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AmyForever View Post
    Hi all

We're staying in Homers but want to spend at least a day on Seven Mile Beach. Any recommendations for a good spot to camp out for the day? I've heard you can get day passes at some of the AI's...can you do the same for the smaller hotels? Is there anywhere you can just rent a lounger for the day? Suggestions welcome!

Thanks
    On de cliffs man den u can go any where on the beach you like any day!