Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best place to spend the day on Seven Mile Beach?

User Info Menu

Re: Best place to spend the day on Seven Mile Beach?

There are so many great places to visit. This post reminds me of ( now I am aging myself). Years ago back in early 80s used to carry a backpack filled with things we needed like sunscreen and 2 big insulated mugs. We started somewhere near the beach club and walked down to cosmos actually just before cosmos where there was at that time a public beach. We would take our mugs to cosmos and buy there delicious conch soup for lunch. We also would buy 30 below Ice cold red stripes from the beach vendors. At t h e end of the day we would make our way back to our hotel . Nice long walk on the best stretch of beach you will ever find.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    Cosmo's is our favorite

Cap
    We concur with the Captain. Most chill and the best food in Negril!
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

Alfreds

User Info Menu

I think Cosmo's is too far from the action if you want to wander about and go bar hopping. I'd spend the day somewhere between Treehouse and Charela.

User Info Menu

Alot of people visit the White Sands beach when I'm there.. there's a beach bar that has daily 2-for1's specials and also a restaurant there and usually plenty of beach chairs to be had.

User Info Menu

We used to do the same walk and have the conch soup also sometime in the mid 80's. We would sit out there for hours and rarely see other people.
    I had forgotten about the 30 below Red Stripes from the guys carrying the Playmate coolers.�� Thanks for the memories njsem.
    Last edited by Madtown Lady; 04-04-2017 at 09:34 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_D View Post
    Hey Tizzy! Priceless advice.
    Whasssshappening?! How ya'll been?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Oil View Post
    Do a two day Death March ........... find a place mid beach like Sun Beach or CCLP ..... flip a bottle cap ........... heads you go south, tails you go north ............. one drink or beer at every place till you get to the end of the beach ........... next time repeat but go in the other direction ......... good luck
    "Two day Death march" HAHAHAHAHAHA. That's one way to put it....I like it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    Hi Tizzy, Nice to see your post. Going back some years ago the beach crawl was a daily event. At that time you could walk from the river all the way to Rutland Point without any fences or obstacles. But I do agree with Cap, Cosmo's has always been a great spot. Back then just a round thatched roof bar & restaurant, my favorite being the conch soup and a couple cold Red Stripes!!
    Hi JohnG, thanks....it's been awhile. My firewall at work blocked the site for awhile there. Missed the board and hope you and everyone has been well.

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    Yeah, Cosmo's is probably the closest you'll find on the beach to the "old Negril" (though I have never experienced Negril as it used to be). But also agree with Tizzy, you need to explore a bit. I'd start at Cosmo's, then hop a route taxi to M'Ville to enter the beach, turn left and stroll.
    TAH, I'm embarrassed to say I have never made it to Cosmo's (at least not that I remember lol) I know I've heard of it a million times but where is it? Can't even remember passing by it or anything....
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Up past the Swept Away & Beaches

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yamon View Post
    Up past the Swept Away & Beaches
    Is that technically on 7 mile or accessible from it? Never been up that way
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TizzyATX View Post
    Is that technically on 7 mile or accessible from it? Never been up that way
    It's on Long Bay, you just didn't walk far enough. If you walked past Treehouse and kept going it's another 10 minutes.