Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eats and Drinks

User Info Menu

Re: Eats and Drinks

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMoose View Post
    Kool Vybes has the best jerk chicken I've had. Should be pretty close to where you are, it's just across from Tensing Pen.

You also have Niah's Patties two doors down from Quality's place.

And can't miss out on Connie's CountryWestern pub, best fried chicken, nice cold beers and special and non-special muffins and cookies.

~Moose
    Moose I must have caught Kool Vybes on a bad day then. We sent out for 3 meals , was my first time having their food. It was nothing short of horrific.

User Info Menu

Bnewb, do you happen to know which places will be closed while I am there? I figured there would be but I really wanted to try it out around October November time before it got busy again to experience different sides of Negril. Last time was there in January. I am planning on going next March(end of the month). Thanks a ton for all the recommendations everyone! I cant wait to get back. Respect! I think about Negril every day. Soon Come!!!
    Last edited by Jame; 04-08-2017 at 01:36 PM.
    Hope To See You Pon da Rock!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jame View Post
    Bnewb, do you happen to know which places will be closed while I am there? I figured there would be but I really wanted to try it out around October November time before it got busy again to experience different sides of Negril. Last time was there in January.
    If you're here in November...most places are open by then.
    It's not guaranteed the same places will be closed, but Swordfish, Canoe, De bar (already closed), Boat Bar and Drifters were all closed...some close for the whole slow season and a few businesses only for a couple of weeks to freshen up their properties.

User Info Menu

I am only going to be there from Oct 16th - Oct 25th. Canoe will be closed?! That is so unfortunate! I love the french toast there! I got to meet Patty and her father Norm while I was there last time. Even helped Norm get in the beach there in front of CanoC. what about Connie's, Colette's, Quality's, 3 dives, jus natural, niahs, allys little sunset hut, bar negril, red dragon, Ras Rody's, Sharks, or any that will be open?

Marko, congrats on your move!! I am super jealous! Would love to move to Negril, at least most of the time. Need to expand my contacts and network/friends there first. Are any of your recommended places open in October? German Bar for Pizza, Corner Bar, Pee Wees, Pablo's, Chicken King, Three Dives, No Limit Bar?
    Hope To See You Pon da Rock!!

User Info Menu

Jame...the ones that will be open (almost ) for sure from your list...
    German Bar, Corner Bar, Pee Wees, Pablo's, Chicken King, Three Dives, No Limit Bar,
    Connie's, Colette's, Quality's, Just natural, Niahs, Allys Little Sandwich Hut, Bar Negril, Red Dragon, Ras Rody's, Sharks...though some will close for a couple of weeks sometime during slow season in September or October.
    And...don't discount Canoe...ya never know who'll be open or closed for sure.
    Welcome to Jamaica...just take it all in stride!
    Last edited by Bnewb; 04-08-2017 at 03:32 PM.

User Info Menu

If anything, you'll be more inclined to go where the locals go because some of the tourist-based spots are closed. What a great experience. I went in late June, "slower" season and I would have had to try really hard to go hungry. I know September and October are different than June, but you'll be able to find what you need. It will give you a different point of view, at least it did for me. Enjoy!
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Misti1 View Post
    Moose I must have caught Kool Vybes on a bad day then. We sent out for 3 meals , was my first time having their food. It was nothing short of horrific.
    Yeah, When I first went there, I met a couple that was staying at Tensing Pen and they told me it was their sixth time eating there in ten days. I went twice in one week, had the chicken the first time, went back with two others the second time; they got the chicken and said it was great, I tried the pork, it was good, but I like Red Dragon's better.

And they come from a long line of Jerk restauranteurs, 3 Dives and De Bar, this is a cousin, iirc?

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

And they come from a long line of Jerk restauranteurs, 3 Dives and De Bar, this is a cousin, iirc?
    Miquel is Trevor's son. Trevor is the long-time cook at De Bar and he even ran the the place while Eddie was state-side. They are all related to the owners of 3 Dives.

User Info Menu

~Moose
    Miguel is the owner of Kool Vybes and is the son of Trevor.
    Trevor has worked at all three of the family restaurants and also had his own restaurant for awhile a few years back.
    Miguel originally worked for his Uncle Lloydie from 3 Dives, worked at all the other family restaurants and ran De Bar when Eddie went foreign.
    I'm always blown away at how hard this young man works and how determined he's been to do things right...but I think everyone already knows how I feel about this 'kid'.