Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eats and Drinks

User Info Menu

Eats and Drinks

Love places like Mi Yard, Ras Rodys, De Bar, Sips and Bites, and similar priced restaurants/bar with similar vibe. What are some recommended places that are also cheap eats and drinks. I am staying up in the West end in the Village by Ras Rodys and Seastar. Any tips or ideas of cost friendly activities. I don't mind spending money but typically don't enjoy the fancy expensive places. Other places we liked have been 3 dives, canoe, quality's, Pattie stands in downtown and in Divers Village. Much respect in advance.
    Hope To See You Pon da Rock!!

User Info Menu

Re: Eats and Drinks

Jus' Natural is just down the road from Out of Town bakery, both places worth checking out and a few minutes walk past the lighthouse.
    Regards.
    Bob

User Info Menu

Kool Vybes has the best jerk chicken I've had. Should be pretty close to where you are, it's just across from Tensing Pen.

You also have Niah's Patties two doors down from Quality's place.

And can't miss out on Connie's CountryWestern pub, best fried chicken, nice cold beers and special and non-special muffins and cookies.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Corner Bar

User Info Menu

Swordfish...near Miyard
    Chicken Lavish...also near Miyard
    Mango Tree Bar & Restaurant...near Ricks
    Sharks...near where you're staying

User Info Menu

Based on your tastes, I would agree that you should check out Sharks and Mango Tree. Also, visit Ally's Little Sunset Hut, across from Negril Escape.

User Info Menu

Yeah, I totally second Chicken Lavish. They had some of the most tender chicken I've ever had there. I guess it helps to have a chicken farm to get it fresh!

Note to self: Get back to Chicken Lavish in a few weeks!

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

I was going to suggest Ally's Little Sunset Hut. One of our fave things to do is stop by and have a RS with Ally, order a couple patties and then go sit over Negril Escape and wait for him to drop them off. Negril Escape has a beautiful patio/bar that you don't hardly hear anyone mention. Its a great smoke and chill and watch the sea kinda spot. We saw a 20 minute dolphin show there last year.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RonMon View Post
    Negril Escape has a beautiful patio/bar that you don't hardly hear anyone mention. Its a great smoke and chill and watch the sea kinda spot. We saw a 20 minute dolphin show there last year.
    Definately! The cliff side at Negril Escape is very underrated, although the restaurant menu it pretty basic. They welcome outside guests to their property (and even their pool!), just be courteous and buy a couple Red Stripes.

EDIT: Woohoo! 1000 posts!
    Last edited by Mike_D; 04-06-2017 at 09:29 AM. Reason: 1000th post!

User Info Menu

well mi live in Negril and for mi it's these on da West End.....

German Bar for Pizza.....$550J's
    Corner Bar for Fried Chicken box meal for $300J's....
    Pee Wees for breakfast - Egg Sandwich $200J - $300J with cheese
    Pablo's Box Meal to go - Usually Fried Chicken and rice and peas $400J
    Chicken King across from MX III - Quarter Jerk Chicken with bread $600J
    Three Dives for Quarter Jerk Chicken and bread for $500J
    No Limit Bar guy has Quarter Jerk Chicken and bread for $600J(not Tony)....

those 7 places keep mi fed very nicely at the right price..........

of course there are places on the beach road and beach...but normally dem are more money....
    so mi shy away from dem......plus it a long bicycle ride for this old fart

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20