Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kenny's Chinese food

User Info Menu

Re: Kenny's Chinese food

Quote Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post
    To all those who like this place, does that hold if you can get really good Chinese food at home?
    I got General Ching's chicken only because I love General Tso's chicken back home and it wasn't super, but I'd go back again. It was good, and plentiful.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

To all those who like this place, does that hold if you can get really good Chinese food at home?
    There's a lot of Chinese in Jamaica...Keney better be cooking it up right.

Anyhooo...I've really enjoyed his food and find many of the dishes comparable to other restaurants...some dishes better, some very similar or less so...of course just based on what I'm used to eating in Chinese etc cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMoose View Post
    I got General Ching's chicken only because I love General Tso's chicken back home and it wasn't super, but I'd go back again. It was good, and plentiful.
    Moose...General Tso's chicken is yummy but an American version of Chinese food...not sure how well or if Keney would make this dish.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 04-11-2017 at 02:48 PM.

User Info Menu

Much of the menu is a lot different than the Chinese food we get back home. I don't remember the name of the entree I ordered, but it was a spicy noodle dish with chicken. My wife had something with shrimp. Both were seasoned with flavors unlike anything I have had in the US. Add to that the fresh Jamaican vegetables and meat used by Keney, and it is a worthy dinner option. Personally, for me, this is a place to call for delivery when we don't feel like going out. Don't know if I would go out of my way to eat in the restaurant.

In my neighborhood back home, we have one of the top 50 Chinese Restaurants in the country (Han Dynasty). Does Keney's compare? Not really, but it is a good option to keep in mind when in Negril.

User Info Menu

When I want really good Chinese food at home, I go to a small place in China Town. Is Kenny's the same? No. But his food is quite good and better than local take out places at home.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_D View Post
    Much of the menu is a lot different than the Chinese food we get back home. I don't remember the name of the entree I ordered, but it was a spicy noodle dish with chicken. My wife had something with shrimp. Both were seasoned with flavors unlike anything I have had in the US. Add to that the fresh Jamaican vegetables and meat used by Keney, and it is a worthy dinner option. Personally, for me, this is a place to call for delivery when we don't feel like going out. Don't know if I would go out of my way to eat in the restaurant.

In my neighborhood back home, we have one of the top 50 Chinese Restaurants in the country (Han Dynasty). Does Keney's compare? Not really, but it is a good option to keep in mind when in Negril.
    lol there's a Han Dynasty here too, but people get confused by the website and think it's Handy Nasty. LMAO

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by billndonna View Post
    We went there last year in April but it was like a furnace so we did not stay to eat,do they have ac now
    Last time I was there they had AC

User Info Menu

I think his food is good, but like most places , it has this small twist that only Jamaica can add , and it is a GOOD twist. It is not classic Chinese like back home, but it WORKS.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMoose View Post
    lol there's a Han Dynasty here too, but people get confused by the website and think it's Handy Nasty. LMAO
    lol. HandyNasty dot com - That's hilarious!

User Info Menu

Irie Chic , Angelas at the Bar b Barn not only has great pizza, but awesome pasta. They have a fettucini alfredo , with bacon and ham, that goes down really nice after
    a few days of cocktailing, we will have to have dinner ??

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    Irie Chic , Angelas at the Bar b Barn not only has great pizza, but awesome pasta. They have a fettucini alfredo , with bacon and ham, that goes down really nice after
    a few days of cocktailing, we will have to have dinner ??
    It's a date mi friend!
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!