Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Water

User Info Menu

Re: Water

well where mi live on the West End.....the wata is going off everyday now......out of control.....kmt

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    well where mi live on the West End.....the wata is going off everyday now......out of control.....kmt
    Marko...this is nothing new...it's happening in our yard also and it's been going on for yeeeeaaaars...as you well know.
    New building/construction or not...the water issue is all over the island...this is not just a Negril problem.

When we lived in the West End...we had a half baked water system and of course it led us to the same frustrations you're feeling...but since you're living here full time now...this is easy fix...why don't you have your landlord set up a proper water cistern system...you'll be much, much less frustrated.

It appears that they may be addressing the problem properly/finally.

User Info Menu

Lest us in the civilized world become sanctimonious, lets refer to Victoria British Columbia and it's magnificent sea coast, where they routinely empty their untreated waste water into the ocean. Standard practice!

User Info Menu

First thing I did when I returned in 2010 was to build a water supply/pumping system from our spring to the yard. 4,000 US well spent

Presently we are supplying washing water to four families in our neighborhood.

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

wata problem is by far the worst it's ever been.....even worst than back in 2012/2013......trust mi

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

Administrator

User Info Menu

wata problem is by far the worst it's ever been.....even worst than back in 2012/2013......trust mi

Cool Runnings, Marko
    LOL! "Worst" than 2012/2013? Living on Lynchtop in the 90's, we would have begged to have the water "problems" experienced in 12/13... or now for that matter.

You know that the citizens/government are addressing the issue, which will take time.

C'mon man, everyone who has ever lived on the West End experiences this, so why not simply set up an inexpensive tank water system as Bnewb suggested? No expensive pumps required.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Linston tells me that the water trucks are 10 deep in line at McBull's spring in Ketto. (my district)

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    LOL! "Worst" than 2012/2013? Living on Lynchtop in the 90's, we would have begged to have the water "problems" experienced in 12/13... or now for that matter.

You know that the citizens/government are addressing the issue, which will take time.

C'mon man, everyone who has ever lived on the West End experiences this, so why not simply set up an inexpensive tank water system as Bnewb suggested? No expensive pumps required.
    the wata is a serious problem as mi have mentioned......
    and yes wi have a wata tank but wi having a hard time getting it filled cause the wata keeps being locked off...
    sure back when they tore up and replacing the wata lines on the West End back in the late 90's......especially around 97
    there were days and days wi no wata......but now wi back to that kind of situation....and der no utility construction going in the West End

Cool Runnings, Marko

Administrator

User Info Menu

the wata is a serious problem as mi have mentioned......
    and yes wi have a wata tank but wi having a hard time getting it filled cause the wata keeps being locked off...
    sure back when they tore up and replacing the wata lines on the West End back in the late 90's......especially around 97
    there were days and days wi no wata......but now wi back to that kind of situation....and der no utility construction going in the West End

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Marko,

I am laughing at your "by far the worst its ever been" comment. And I hadn't even thought about the construction years. There were months if not years without water. Yes, those years were much worse than today's situation.

Before the mains were put in, the make shift water "system" were small pipes being gravity fed from large tanks on the surrounding hills.

If and when there was any pressure in the line (4am was the most likely time), the water was generally discolored and not suitable for much of anything.

Tank systems were only used by the hotels as most people couldn't afford them or the expensive water truck to fill them with remotely clean water.

Catching rain water was the best choice back then and you hauled​ it around a bucket at a time. I took more bucket showers than I want to remember.

Today, in the worst case scenario, you can call any number of competing services to fill your tank. That is if the main doesn't fill it at night.

Today is in no way "the worst its ever been". Not even close...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

This is how we got water to Zion Hill. Eight gallons at a time for numerous trips.

Name:  Gles + Donkey.jpg
Views: 1736
Size:  81.5 KB
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave