Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Marko,

I am laughing at your "by far the worst its ever been" comment. And I hadn't even thought about the construction years. There were months if not years without water. Yes, those years were much worse than today's situation.

Before the mains were put in, the make shift water "system" were small pipes being gravity fed from large tanks on the surrounding hills.

If and when there was any pressure in the line (4am was the most likely time), the water was generally discolored and not suitable for much of anything.

Tank systems were only used by the hotels as most people couldn't afford them or the expensive water truck to fill them with remotely clean water.

Catching rain water was the best choice back then and you hauled​ it around a bucket at a time. I took more bucket showers than I want to remember.

Today, in the worst case scenario, you can call any number of competing services to fill your tank. That is if the main doesn't fill it at night.

Today is in no way "the worst its ever been". Not even close...
actually as far as this guy goes and our lane.....which mi been on since 1996......this is the absolute worst.....trust mi

Cool Runnings, Marko