Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Quality my personal chef

User Info Menu

Quality my personal chef

AfName:  Chicken fingers.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  54.0 KB After you have been here for a while you start to miss some things and chicken fingers is something I really miss. I went to Quality Sea Breeze some time ago and asked him if he knew how to make them? I described the process and after one try he had it perfect. Now whenever I miss them I just go down there and he whips up a batch for me to perfection. Today I got that Negril. Com 10% discount for boardies too , sweet deal ,great food.

User Info Menu

Re: Quality my personal chef

Quote Originally Posted by Misti1 View Post
    AfName:  Chicken fingers.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  54.0 KB After you have been here for a while you start to miss some things and chicken fingers is something I really miss. I went to Quality Sea Breeze some time ago and asked him if he knew how to make them? I described the process and after one try he had it perfect. Now whenever I miss them I just go down there and he whips up a batch for me to perfection. Today I got that Negril. Com 10% discount for boardies too , sweet deal ,great food.
    Looks Good! After a few days there I start to miss Burgers, Pasta & Chinese food.
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IRIEchic View Post
    Looks Good! After a few days there I start to miss Burgers, Pasta & Chinese food.
    If you miss Pasta. actually he does a great job of that too. HName:  QPasta.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  16.8 KB

User Info Menu

Based on comments from boardies - extra shout out to Moose - we went to Quality's for dinner on our visit a couple weeks back. We had read that he had a band on Wednesday night's. Unfortunately was no band (we were only ones there) but Quality convinced us to stay and promised we wouldn't be disappointed.

After Quality guaranteed no bones, I had coconut steamed snapper (not much of a fish eater) and Mrs Buffalo had shrimp. True to his word, not a single bone, the food was delicious and his attention to detail was obvious. I'm sure he would have honored it but I didn't bother to mention the boardie discount as the food wasn't unreasonable to begin with and we felt bad we were the only customers.

We would go back in a heartbeat. Put Quality's on your list and check his cooking out for yourself... Just across the road and down the road from Canoe.

Name:  3324.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  94.3 KBName:  458.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  93.8 KB
    https://www.TickerFactory.com/

User Info Menu

Hi Buffalo, yes, the food is the draw. The band has been discontinued until season starts again because it is just too slow to justify paying them right now.

User Info Menu

I sure hope Quality is there this trip
    and can make Fried Chicken and Mashed Potatoes.
    I would eat 3 times a week if I could.
    MMmmmm, mmmm good!

User Info Menu

When we had 9 of us go, he made up fried chicken, jerk chicken and brown stew chicken for the non-fish eaters in the group. Everyone was pleased.

@Marko, pretty sure mashed is available. We just had him make rice n peas for everyone to simplify things.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Cool Moose,
    As long as he can "smash" them taters, as they say in J-land, I'm good.
    Just seems to me that Chicken and potatoes are good before (and during) Alcoholic beverages.
    Or is it the other way around??

User Info Menu

Hi Marko

That cone is mashed irish in the picture with my fish. I'm pretty sure he'll have them.

I also agree with you either way and would include after

BS

User Info Menu

Cool beans,
    Thanks Buffalo Soldier.
    Just a little salt and pepper.
    Sometimes a little hot sauce or ketchup too, makes them taste like French fries.