Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Hotel help/dilemma

User Info Menu

Hotel help/dilemma

I know this question has been asked a million times. But here it goes. Getting ready to book our annual trip to negril. Checking on room availability. Looks as if travellers (was hoping this would be our 3rd year here) except bungalows, is full. And upon further searching it appears very low availability at any "second" choices. Our dates would be 11/25-12/2, 2 rooms for sure but possibly 3-5 needed. Only sorta comparable rates with rooms is at rondel village, country country, and grand pineapple. But still quite a bit more then what we usually spend. Also white sands, but no tv for some of group might be an issue. Question is, which of these 4 might you experienced folks go with, considering we love the staff, service, rooms, and location at travellers and would like something comparable??? Is there some big event during those dates?? Or is just a busy time???

User Info Menu

Re: Hotel help/dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by Rn71klp22 View Post
    I know this question has been asked a million times. But here it goes. Getting ready to book our annual trip to negril. Checking on room availability. Looks as if travellers (was hoping this would be our 3rd year here) except bungalows, is full. And upon further searching it appears very low availability at any "second" choices. Our dates would be 11/25-12/2, 2 rooms for sure but possibly 3-5 needed. Only sorta comparable rates with rooms is at rondel village, country country, and grand pineapple. But still quite a bit more then what we usually spend. Also white sands, but no tv for some of group might be an issue. Question is, which of these 4 might you experienced folks go with, considering we love the staff, service, rooms, and location at travellers and would like something comparable??? Is there some big event during those dates?? Or is just a busy time???
    We stayed at Country Country this past year on your exact dates. I chose it solely because we were
    Taking first timers with us. I was afraid it would be to big. I was. Wrong. The rooms were perfect. Lovered windows with air. Yes they have tvs. Breakfast came with the room and it was great. The staff was top notch. Very laid back and always there when you needed them. I have stayed st GP . Between the two my pick would be Country Country. I booked through Expedia Special and got our Premium rooms for $105.

User Info Menu

Is there some big event during those dates?? Or is just a busy time???
    US Thanksgiving?

User Info Menu

Even though the website says sold out, I would call Travelers directly to see if they have rooms available.

User Info Menu

1 nice thing to keep in mind when comparing rates with Country country is that their price not only includes a nice breakfast but it also includes all taxes which is roughly 20%, not insignificant.

User Info Menu

Maybe consider another "2nd" choice, Hidden Paradise, all rooms have tv, frig, safe. breakfasts paid in advance are $5pp pd, and its on the garden side of Manley blvd, but has Mama Flo's bar and restaurant on the beach side for access, including loungers. next to Drifters.
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/

Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe, and enthusiastically act upon, will inevitably come to pass.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrewer View Post
    1 nice thing to keep in mind when comparing rates with Country country is that their price not only includes a nice breakfast but it also includes all taxes which is roughly 20%, not insignificant.
    Great point. I would also look at online travel agents such as Expedia, etc to see if you can find a better rate. I was able to book two rooms at Country Country a couple of years ago for around $100 a night, in high season. Country Country is on a great stretch of beach and is a solid property, with a really good free breakfast included as stated by Homebrewer.

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone for the advice! I called the hotel directly and contacted negril onestop. Was able to secure a few rooms. Maybe trying something new would have been great. But I'm happy to be going back to travellers 😀

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone for the advice! I called the hotel directly and contacted negril onestop. Was able to secure a few rooms. Maybe trying something new would have been great. But I'm happy to be going back to travellers ��
    I'm glad calling them worked!!